Looking for the ultimate blondie recipe? Try these big, buttery White Chocolate and Raspberry Blondies made with brown sugar. They’re perfect as a special treat or for a decadent dessert.
Buttery brown sugar blondies ❤️
They may be a brownie’s cousin, but trust me when I say, these White Chocolate and Raspberry Blondies hold their ground against the most delicious chocolate brownie.
Flavoured with brown sugar, butter and vanilla, these blondie bars are then stuffed with white chocolate and raspberries. Perfection 👌🏻
Blondies have always been interesting to me. Most of my life, I wasn’t even sure that I liked blondies. I mean, why have have a blondie, when you can have a brownie?
But that was before.
Before I had a blondie like this one.
One that was fudgy, creamy and oozing with caramel flavour ❤️
Last year I shared my recipe for Pecan Chocolate Chip Blondies. That was the recipe that first made me realise there was more to this blondie game than I had first thought.
Blondies are different to a brownie. Traditionally, the batter itself isn’t made with chocolate.
These are not White Chocolate Brownies. They’re blondies.
So the question is, what is a blondie exactly? Well, similar to a brownie, they have a high fat to flour ratio. The butter, brown sugar and vanilla combine to made a creamy caramel-like base.
And it’s that batter that just about melts-in-your-mouth. Once you add a generous amount of white chocolate and a handful of frozen raspberries, you have a one heavenly slice.
I did experiment with these brownies. I tried creaming the butter and sugar, melting the butter, adding more eggs, reducing the sugar and using more flour. All yielded different results.
But I can promise that these White Chocolate and Raspberry Blondies are perfect just the way they are. They’re fudgy, sweet but not too sweet and moreish.
Oh and did I mention they’re ONE BOWL? No electric mixer needed. No fuss blondies for your Thursday x
Buttery brown sugar blondies stuffed with white chocolate and raspberries.
- 170 grams (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 225 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 150 grams (1 cup) white chocolate, chunks
- 50 grams (1/2 cup) frozen raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 160 C (320 F). Grease and line an 8 inch square baking tin with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides overhang. In a large mixing bowl, add the melted butter and sugar and gently whisk together. Add the vanilla extract and stir.
- Add the egg and mix until combined. Stir in flour and white chocolate chunks. Fold in the frozen raspberries. Pour the batter in prepared tin, smooth the top and place in the oven.
- Bake blondies for approximately 30 minutes or until golden on the edges and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Leave in pan to cool completely. Cut into squares to serve.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 234
Keywords: Blondies, White chocolate, Raspberries