Looking for the ultimate blondie recipe? Try these big, buttery White Chocolate and Raspberry Blondies made with brown sugar. They’re perfect as a special treat or for a decadent dessert.
Buttery brown sugar blondies ❤️
They may be a brownie’s cousin, but trust me when I say, these White Chocolate and Raspberry Blondies hold their ground against the most delicious chocolate brownie.
Flavoured with brown sugar, butter and vanilla, these blondie bars are then stuffed with white chocolate and raspberries. Perfection 👌🏻
Blondies have always been interesting to me. Most of my life, I wasn’t even sure that I liked blondies. I mean, why have have a blondie, when you can have a brownie?
But that was before.
Before I had a blondie like this one.
One that was fudgy, creamy and oozing with caramel flavour ❤️
Last year I shared my recipe for Pecan Chocolate Chip Blondies. That was the recipe that first made me realise there was more to this blondie game than I had first thought.
Blondies are different to a brownie. Traditionally, the batter itself isn’t made with chocolate.
These are not White Chocolate Brownies. They’re blondies.
So the question is, what is a blondie exactly? Well, similar to a brownie, they have a high fat to flour ratio. The butter, brown sugar and vanilla combine to made a creamy caramel-like base.
And it’s that batter that just about melts-in-your-mouth. Once you add a generous amount of white chocolate and a handful of frozen raspberries, you have a one heavenly slice.
I like to use a block of white chocolate rather than chocolate chips, just like in my favourite White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies.
I did experiment with these brownies. I tried creaming the butter and sugar, melting the butter, adding more eggs, reducing the sugar and using more flour. All yielded different results.
But I can promise that these White Chocolate and Raspberry Blondies are perfect just the way they are. They’re fudgy, sweet but not too sweet and moreish.
Oh and did I mention they’re ONE BOWL? No electric mixer needed. No fuss blondies for your Thursday x
Buttery brown sugar blondies stuffed with white chocolate and raspberries.
- 170 grams (3/4 cup) butter, melted
- 225 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 150 grams (1 cup) white chocolate, roughly chopped into chunks
- 50 grams (1/2 cup) fresh or frozen raspberries*
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line an 8-inch square baking pan with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides overhang.
- In a large mixing bowl, add melted butter and sugar and gently whisk together. Add the vanilla extract and egg and mix until combined.
- Stir in flour and white chocolate chunks. Fold in raspberries. Pour the batter in prepared pan, smooth the top and place in the oven.
- Bake blondies for approximately 30 minutes or until golden on the edges and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Leave in pan to cool completely. Cut into squares to serve.
Fudge factor: Some reader feedback has been that these blondies are too fudgy and undercooked in the middle. That’s just how I like them. But you can add 35 grams (1/4 cup) of extra flour for a more sturdy, cookie-like blondie.
Raspberries: You can use fresh raspberries or frozen. If you are using frozen raspberries, don’t thaw them. Just add them frozen, and gently stir them into the batter.