Brownie cravings ❤️
You know those days when you want (or need) a brownie and you want one now? Well these one bowl brownies are the answer! Made with cocoa powder, they can be whipped up in no time at all – no electric mixer required!
One bowl not only means these brownies are easy to make, but there’s less washing up 🙌🏻 #winning
I was on a mission this week. Could you make a delicious chocolate brownie using ONLY cocoa powder? One that still has that all-important crinkly brownie top and a soft, moist centre, and plenty of flavour? Well in short, the answer is YES.
These brownies are divine. Cakey on the bottom, with a soft, fudgy middle and a traditional wrinkly brownie top. PLUS they are full of chocolate flavour despite not having any real chocolate in the batter.
They are the perfect, throw-together-at-the-last-minute dessert. Friends coming over without warning? Need a chocolate fix fast? These Easy One Bowl Cocoa Brownies are the solution.
I tried making these brownies a few different ways. Some were too flat, others too dry. I made some with oil instead of butter, but found they lacked flavour and FINALLY I made them with melted butter and boom – the ultimate cocoa brownie.
I will always be a huge fan of brownies made with real chocolate. After all, I’ve made them HERE, HERE and HERE. But these cocoa brownies are equally deliciously. Less fudgy and more cakey, but still a crowd-pleaser.
You will also love the simplicity of this recipe. One bowl means easy and fast so you can have a warm chocolate brownie on your plate sooner. Add a dollop of whipped cream or even ice-cream and you have one decadent treat.
I bet you have ALL the ingredients in your pantry to make a batch of these right now! #doit
Easy One Bowl Cocoa Brownies with a crinkly top and a soft, cakey centre.
- 170 grams (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 200 grams (1 cup) caster sugar
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 160 C (320 F). Grease and line an 8 inch square baking tin with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides overhang. In a large mixing bowl, add the melted butter and sugars and gently whisk together. Add the vanilla extract and stir.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring in-between, then sift in the cocoa powder and flour. Stir until just combined. Pour the brownie batter in the prepared tin and place in the oven. Bake brownies for approximately 30 minutes or until they no longer wobble in the middle. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
The baking time will affect the texture of the brownies. Try not too over bake them to ensure they are still gooey in the centre.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 220
Keywords: Chocolate, Cocoa, Brownies, Dessert