Easy One Bowl Cocoa Brownies with a crinkly top and a soft, cakey centre.
- 170 grams (3/4 cup) butter, melted
- 200 grams (1 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder, sifted
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) plain flour or all purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line an 8 inch square baking tin with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides overhang.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the melted butter, sugars and vanilla and whisk together. Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking well after each one.
- Add cocoa powder, flour and salt. Whisk well until you have a thick and creamy chocolate brownie batter. Stir through chocolate chips, if using.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared tin and place in the oven. Bake brownies for approximately 25-30 minutes or until they no longer wobble in the middle. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cooking time: The baking time will affect the texture of the brownies. Try not to over bake them to ensure they are still a little fudgy in the centre.