I think I have made my love for chocolate and peanut butter clear but there is another strong contender for my sweet tooth – cinnamon. From cinnamon donuts to snickerdoodle cookies, cinnamon rolls or even chai tea lattes, I love me some cinnamon.
So to quench my daily hunger for a freshly baked cinnamon donut, I made a Cinnamon Swirl Bundt Cake. A sweet butter cake that is completely coated with cinnamon sugar and features a generous ribbon of cinnamon through the middle. Yes please!
After four incredible weeks touring America, I am safely back home recovering from my jet lag. This was my fourth (and favourite) visit to America. It was our first time to the South, taking a road trip through Texas and it was also my first trip to the States since starting Sweet Menu.
I was out to find the best sweets America had to offer and I was not disappointed. I had so many amazing food experiences (check out a few highlights on Instagram) and am filled to the brim with recipe ideas, restaurant recommendations and sweet memories. I will definitely share more soon.
Also as promised, my suitcase was filled with many baking essentials that are not easily found in Australia. Seriously, my luggage was bursting with chocolate chips, graham crackers, nutter butters and peanut butter. See? Tee-hee!
There will be many more stories to come but for now, let’s talk a little more about this cake. It’s super easy to throw together and because we’ve gone sans frosting – it’s almost healthy right?! If you are a cinnamon lover like me, you must try this delicious cake.Print
Delicious cinnamon butter bundt cake covered in sweet cinnamon sugar.
- 230 grams (1 cup / 2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 200 grams (1 cup) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 315 grams (2 and 1/4 cups) plain flour
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) milk
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Grease an 8-cup capacity bundt pan or a medium sized cake tin (approximately 8-9 inches in diameter) with a little butter or non stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter, sugar and vanilla and beat with an electric mixer until combined. Add in the eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition. Next, sift in half the flour, the baking powder and half the milk. Gently stir using a wooden spoon or a spatula. Then add the rest of the flour and milk and continue to stir until combined.
- Spoon approximately half of the batter into your prepared tin. In a separate bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Gently sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the cake batter and then dollop spoonfuls of the remaining cake mix on top.
- Pop the cake into the oven and bake for approximately 45-50 minutes or until lovely and golden on top and a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven and set aside. In a separate bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Mix together the extra cinnamon and sugar in a bowl. Gently remove the cake from the tin and set onto a wire rack. While the cake is still warm, brush with melted butter and then generously sprinkle over the cinnamon sugar.
Keywords: Cake, Cinnamon, Bundt cake