Delicious cinnamon butter bundt cake covered in sweet cinnamon sugar.
- 230 grams (1 cup / 2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 200 grams (1 cup) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 315 grams (2 and 1/4 cups) plain flour
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) milk
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Grease an 8-cup capacity bundt pan or a medium sized cake tin (approximately 8-9 inches in diameter) with a little butter or non stick cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F).
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter, sugar and vanilla and beat with an electric mixer until combined. Add in the eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition. Next, sift in half the flour, the baking powder and half the milk. Gently stir using a wooden spoon or a spatula. Then add the rest of the flour and milk and continue to stir until combined.
- Spoon approximately half of the batter into your prepared tin. In a separate bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Gently sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the cake batter and then dollop spoonfuls of the remaining cake mix on top.
- Pop the cake into the oven and bake for approximately 45-50 minutes or until lovely and golden on top and a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven and set aside. In a separate bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Mix together the extra cinnamon and sugar in a bowl. Gently remove the cake from the tin and set onto a wire rack. While the cake is still warm, brush with melted butter and then generously sprinkle over the cinnamon sugar.
Keywords: Cake, Cinnamon, Bundt cake