Prep: 40 minutesCook: 50 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutes
A beautiful butter cake covered in sweet cinnamon sugar.
- 230 grams (1 cup / 2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 200 grams (1 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 315 grams (2 and 1/4 cups) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) full fat or whole milk
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 40 grams (2 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Grease an 8-10 cup capacity bundt pan really well with butter and dust with flour. Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter, sugar and vanilla and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until pale and creamy. Add in the eggs, one at a time, and beat briefly to combine. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Next, add half the flour, along with the baking powder, salt and milk. Beat on a low speed. Add remaining flour and continue to beat until a smooth cake batter forms.
- Spoon approximately half of the batter into your prepared tin. In a separate bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Gently sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the cake batter and then dollop spoonfuls of the remaining cake batter on top.
- Bake cake for approximately 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Mix together the extra cinnamon and sugar in a bowl. Gently remove the cake from the cake pan and set onto a wire rack. While the cake is still warm, brush with melted butter and then generously sprinkle over the cinnamon sugar.
Bundt pan: To ensure your cake doesn’t stick to your bundt pan, grease it very well with butter or non-stick spray (or shortening if that’s available to you). I find dusting it with flour can also help.
Butter: It’s very important that your butter is at room temperature, so you can cream the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. This step will help ensure your cake is lovely and soft and fluffy.
Serving Size: 1 slice Calories: 361 Sugar: 20.7 g Sodium: 28.7 mg Fat: 19.7 g Carbohydrates: 42.1 g Protein: 5 g Cholesterol: 95.2 mg
Nutrition information is a guide only.
Category: DessertCuisine: American