This gorgeous Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake is perfect for summer entertaining. Soft and tender lemon cake drizzled with a simple lemon glaze.
Meet my new favourite thing – Lemon Cake ❤️
I’m so excited to introduce you to this Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake. One with a soft and flavourful crumb and a tart but sweet drippy lemon glaze.
A simple lemon cake perfect for morning or afternoon tea. You know I’m ALL about over-the-top desserts but sometimes there is nothing better than a lovely fresh citrus cake.
I know what you’re thinking. No peanut butter? No chocolate? Don’t worry, there’s more of that on the way, but today we’re going back to basics.
Lately, I’ve been obsessed with all things lemon. First there was my Lemon Pie, then my oh-so-easy Lemon Slice and now my new fave Lemon Cake. A seriously buttery cake with a tart lemon-infused glaze. Hello!
Unlike alot of cakes I usually bake, this Lemon Bundt Cake is not super light and fluffy, but rather dense and hearty, reminiscent of a pound cake. It goes heavy on the butter but boasts a beautiful lemon flavour with both fresh lemon juice and lemon zest tucked inside the crumb.
But make no mistake, this buttery crumb is not dry but moist and tender. Complemented beautifully by the tangy icing, it’s perfect for those days when a good old-fashioned slice of cake is needed.Print
Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake with a soft and flavourful crumb and a tart but sweet lemon glaze.
- 230 grams (1 cup / 2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 250 grams (1 and 1/4 cups) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 350 grams (2 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 3 lemons
- 300 ml (1 and 1/4 cup) milk
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) butter, softened
- 250 grams (2 cups) icing or powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1–2 tablespoons milk
- Lemon zest, for decoration
- Grease bundt cake tin really well with butter. If you’ve had bundt cakes stick in the past, you can also dust your cake pan with a little extra flour. Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until pale and creamy – this will take a few minutes but is an important step in making a soft and buttery cake. Add eggs, one at a time, and continue to beat until mixture is combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift the plain flour, baking powder and baking soda and lightly whisk. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, along with the lemon juice and lemon zest and gently fold with a spatula. Add milk and fold until mixture is completely combined and smooth.
- Pour cake batter into your prepared bundt pan and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Leave the cake to cool for about 15 minutes before running a knife around the edges and carefully removing the cake from the bundt pan and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the lemon glaze. Combine the butter, sugar, lemon juice and milk and mix until smooth using a fork or whisk until smooth. Pour glaze over cooled cake. Scatter over extra lemon zest.
Keywords: Lemon cake, Lemon bundt cake
This recipe was first published on Sweetest Menu in September 2017.