This gorgeous Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake is perfect for summer entertaining. Soft and tender lemon cake drizzled with a simple raspberry lemon glaze and topped with fresh raspberries.
Meet my new favourite combo – lemon and raspberry ❤️
I’m so excited to introduce you to this Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake. One with a soft and flavourful crumb and a tart but sweet drippy raspberry glaze.
I know what you’re thinking. No peanut butter? No cookie dough? Don’t worry, there’s more of that on the way, but today we’re going back to basics. A simple lemon cake with an easy raspberry glaze, perfect for morning or afternoon tea. You know I’m ALL about over-the-top desserts but sometimes there is nothing better than a lovely fresh citrus cake.
Recently my ‘day’ job has also included some recipe development, and I was asked to make a pudding of sorts. I landed on the flavours, lemon and raspberry, and was blown away by the perfect pairing. I know I’m a bit late to the lemon and raspberry party, but this flavour combo WORKS!
So when I decided to make a Lemon Bundt Cake, I just knew I wanted to switch up the traditional lemon glaze with a raspberry one. Plus how PRETTY is that drippy pink icing? I’m in love!
Unlike most of the cakes on my site, this Lemon Bundt Cake is not super light and fluffy, but rather dense and hearty, reminiscent of a pound cake. It goes heavy on the butter but boasts a beautiful lemon flavour with both fresh lemon juice and lemon zest tucked inside the crumb. Complemented beautifully by the raspberry glaze, made using frozen raspberries, it’s perfect for those days when a good old-fashioned slice of cake is needed.
So guys, I have some exciting news. I’m going to America! Just for a holiday of course but I’m BEYOND excited. It’s been nearly 3 years since our last trip and I’m dying to get my America fix. I just know I’m going to come back feeling inspired to create more American desserts.
We’ve been doing lots of research to make sure we eat at all the best places, but please let me know if you have any ‘must eat’ places! Particularly for San Francisco, Chicago, Nashville and Atlanta! xx
Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake with a soft and flavourful crumb and a tart but sweet lemon glaze.
- 230 grams (1 cup / 2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 300 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 350 grams (2 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 240 ml (1 cup) milk
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 2 lemons
Raspberry lemon glaze
- 50 grams (1/2 cup) frozen raspberries
- 190 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) icing or powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Fresh raspberries, to decorate
- Grease bundt cake tin really well with butter. Preheat oven to 180C (360 F). In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale, approximately 4 minutes. Add the vanilla extract and beat again. Add one egg at a time and continue to beat until mixture is combined and creamy. In a separate bowl, sift the plain flour, baking powder and baking soda and lightly whisk. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, along with the lemon juice and lemon zest and gently fold with a spatula. Add milk and fold until mixture is completely combined and smooth. It will be quite thick – this is fine.
- Pour the batter into your prepared bundt pan and then bake for approximately 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Leave the cake to cool for about 15 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the raspberry lemon glaze. Process your frozen raspberries using a food processor until smooth, then strain to remove all seeds. In a small bowl, sift in the icing sugar and add the lemon juice and pureed raspberries. Gently whisk until smooth. Pour the glaze over your cake. Decorate with fresh raspberries.
- Serving Size: 1 slice of cake
- Calories: 438
Keywords: Cake, Lemon, Bundt, Raspberry, Dessert