You’ll love this gorgeous no bake Lemon Pie made from scratch. Made with real lemons and topped with clouds of whipped cream, this easy dessert is light, creamy and oh-so-delicious!
When life gives you lemon, make a Lemon Pie 🍋
We’re talking a buttery cookie crust, a creamy lemon cheesecake filling and a thick layer of whipped cream. It’s a total showstopper!
If you love lemon-y desserts, you’ll adore this summery sweet.
Just liked this Lemon Pie.
All that vibrant lemon zest and thick, creamy filling? Not to mention the crumbly crust. It’s the perfect blend of sweet, crunchy and zesty – with clouds of whipped cream to boot! AKA heaven on a pie plate.
How to make Lemon Pie
- This pie is really easy to make but you do need to make it ahead of time. It’s a great one to make the day before entertaining or at least 6-8 hours ahead of time.
- Start by making your cookie crust. I usually use Digestive Cookies but any sweet store bought cookie will do fine – like graham crackers or Arnotts Marie.
- Crush your cookies and mix with melted butter. Spread out into one even layer and place in the fridge.
- To make the filling, use full fat block of cream cheese (not light or reduced fat or the spreadable kind). Make sure it’s at room temperature otherwise your filling will have lots of little lumps.
- Add fresh lemon juice and lemon zest – go for fresh lemon juice for maximum flavour.
- The final ingredient for the filling is whipping cream – it’s the ingredient that will help the pie set. Don’t use light or reduced fat cream, you want thickened, full fat or heavy cream that can be whipped. If you are unsure (I know cream can be called lots of different things in different countries) check the side of the cream bottle – it should say if it’s suitable for whipping.
- The final step in making the pie is a nice thick layer of whipped cream. And a sprinkling of lemon zest! Let the pie set and then enjoy cold.
MORE NO BAKE RECIPES TO TRY:
An easy no bake Lemon Pie made from scratch.
- 250 grams (2 and 1/2 cups) store bought cookies*, broken into pieces
- 115 grams (1/2 cup / 1 stick) butter, melted
- 250 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 240 ml (1 cup) sweetened condensed milk
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) lemon juice, freshly squeezed (approximately 3–4 lemons)
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 240 ml (1 cup) thickened or heavy cream*
- 240 ml (1 cup) thickened or heavy cream, whipped
- Lemon zest, to decorate
- Place cookies in a food processor or blender and whiz until finely crushed. Add melted butter and mix well.
- Pour crumbs into a 9-inch pie plate. Press down firmly to form a crust and place in the fridge.
- Add cream cheese to a large mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat on medium speed until smooth. Add condensed milk, lemon juice and zest and beat briefly until combined.
- Add cream and beat for 3-5 minutes on medium speed until mixture is thick and creamy. Pour over crust and smooth the top.
- Place in the fridge for at LEAST 6 hours, or even better, overnight.
- To serve, top pie with whipped cream. Scatter over extra lemon zest.
*Cookie crust: I use Digestive Biscuits, but any sweet store bought biscuits will be fine, such as graham crackers or Arnotts Marie.
*Cream: Be sure to use cream that’s suitable for whipping as this is what gives the filling its stability. Here in Australia, it’s called thickened cream. Look for a high fat cream (at least 35% fat) that clearly states it’s suitable for whipping. Do not use a light or low fat version.