An easy no bake Lemon Pie made from scratch.
- 250 grams (2 and 1/2 cups) store bought cookies*, broken into pieces
- 115 grams (1/2 cup / 1 stick) butter, melted
- 250 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 240 ml (1 cup) sweetened condensed milk
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) lemon juice, freshly squeezed (approximately 3–4 lemons)
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 240 ml (1 cup) thickened or heavy cream*
- 240 ml (1 cup) thickened or heavy cream, whipped
- Lemon zest, to decorate
- Place cookies in a food processor or blender and whiz until finely crushed. Add melted butter and mix well.
- Pour crumbs into a 9-inch pie plate. Press down firmly to form a crust and place in the fridge.
- Add cream cheese to a large mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat on medium speed until smooth. Add condensed milk, lemon juice and zest and beat briefly until combined.
- Add cream and beat for 3-5 minutes on medium speed until mixture is thick and creamy. Pour over crust and smooth the top.
- Place in the fridge for at LEAST 6 hours, or even better, overnight.
- To serve, top pie with whipped cream. Scatter over extra lemon zest.
*Cookie crust: I use Digestive Biscuits, but any sweet store bought biscuits will be fine, such as graham crackers or Arnotts Marie.
*Cream: Be sure to use cream that’s suitable for whipping as this is what gives the filling its stability. Here in Australia, it’s called thickened cream. Look for a high fat cream (at least 35% fat) that clearly states it’s suitable for whipping. Do not use a light or low fat version.