Peanut Butter and Jelly Swirl Brownies are on the menu today! Fudgy brownies filled to the brim with dark chocolate and topped with swirls of smooth peanut butter and strawberry (or grape) jelly!
One of the best desserts ever, these brownies will cure ALL your chocolate cravings! They just about melt-in-your-mouth with their crinkly top, chewy sides and gooey centre. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you have the perfect night in!
You guys! I moved house! Yup, this was a HUGE weekend for us! We somehow managed to pack up a four bedroom house and move into a one bedroom apartment. Between the packing, moving and cleaning, I’m beat.
I’m spending the day unpacking an assortment of boxes and setting up the kitchen – the most important thing right? I’m a little nervous to figure out the quirks of a new oven and the lighting of a small apartment but I can’t wait to get baking again.
So after ALL that moving I think I totally deserve a brownie (or two). We love our brownies around here, from my Loaded Twix Brownie Bars to my Almond Joy Coconut Brownies but these PB&J Brownies have quickly become one of my new favourites.
The blobs of peanut butter add a creamy but salty tang, while the strawberry jam adds a lovely sweetness. Obviously why peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are the bee’s knees. Thanks America for yet another incredible pairing!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Swirl Brownies
Gorgeous chocolate brownies topped with big swirls of peanut butter and strawberry jelly.
- Yield: Makes one 8 inch square pan
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, chopped
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality dark chocolate, pieces
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 85 grams (2/3 cup) plain flour
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) smooth peanut butter
- A few tablespoons of strawberry jam or jelly
- Grease and line an 8 inch square tin with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides of the paper overhang. Pop the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl and place over a medium saucepan that is filled with a bit of water, say 5cm (2 inches) high or so. You need to ensure the bottom of the bowl will not touch the water below. Place on the stove on medium heat and stir while the chocolate and butter melt. Once the mixture is lovely and smooth, remove the bowl from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 160 C (320 F). Next, add the sugar and vanilla to the chocolate mixture and beat with an electric beater until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time and beat again. Then sift in the flour and beat until the brownie mixture is smooth. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin. Very gently smooth over the top. Gently dollop pieces of peanut butter all over the top, then do the same with the jam. Use a butter knife to gently swirl the peanut butter and jam.
- Bake the brownie for about 40-45 minutes or until cooked through. It should have a nice cracked top and no longer wobble in the middle. Leave to cool completely.