These are the best Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies ever. Thick and chewy and loaded with chocolate, they’re an easy one bowl recipe with no need to chill the dough.
Calling all peanut butter fans!
Lip smacking soft and gooey Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are on the menu.
These chunky morsels will leave you wanting more with their buttery dough overloaded with melty chocolate. Best of all, they are an easy one-bowl recipe with no need to chill the dough.
I have a confession. I only really discovered the wonder of peanut butter in the last couple of years. Not really one for a slice of bread with spread, I liked peanut butter but I never really had much use for it.
However, once I realised that peanut butter was a heavenly match for desserts, I soon scrambled onboard the peanut butter bandwagon. One slice of my Loaded Oreo Peanut Butter Bars or one of my chunky Peanut Butter and Jelly Chocolate Cups and you’ll realise what all the peanut butter fuss is about.
The perfect accompaniment to a cold glass of milk, these cookies make the most of the wonderful combo, that is chocolate and peanut butter. I love my cookies soft, with a gooey centre and a buttery crust and plenty of chocolate chips.
This recipe has it all. I love to add loads of chocolate chunks in my cookies, dark chocolate to pair with the sweet pb cookie but you can add milk chocolate or even white chocolate – whatever you prefer.
Thick and chewy peanut butter cookies loaded with chunks of chocolate.
- 115 grams (1 stick or 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 135 grams (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 150 grams (1 cup) milk or dark chocolate, chopped
- Line two baking trays with baking paper. Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until creamy and combined. Add egg and vanilla. Add the peanut butter and mix until combined.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda gently mix until a soft dough forms. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Use a cookie scoop or your hands to roll tablespoons of cookie dough and place on prepared trays, leaving room for the cookies to spread out.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the cookies are lightly golden brown. Let them sit for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.