I have a new weakness – Monster M&M Peanut Butter Cookies. Have you had a Monster Cookie before? They are lumpy, chewy and oh so irresistible. They aren’t so well known in Australia but they are an American delight. Filled with rolled oats, chocolate chips, M&M’s and peanut butter, there is so much goodness in every single bite.
They have surpassed all my M&M cookie treats to go straight to the top as my favourite cookie creation. Things will never be the same now I have discovered the wonder of Monster Cookies.
The best part is their ridiculously chewy texture from the rolled oats and yet the creamy peanut butter makes the cookie dough just about melt-in-your mouth. Then there’s the burst of melted chocolate from the chocolate chips and the crunch of the M&M’s. There is so much going on and yet the flavours and textures blend perfectly.
There’s only one rule – these Monster M&M Peanut Butter Cookies must be devoured with a cold glass of milk! I had to eat quite a few of these cookies, you know, for recipe testing purposes, and I’m quite sure I have disappeared into cookie heaven.
These cookies have a different make-up to regular cookies, with substantially less flour. The rolled oats give the cookies that gorgeously lumpy and chewy texture, similar to our classic Anzac biscuits. One thing to note is that they will be very fragile when they come out of the oven so you need to let them cool completely.
They will firm up and develop into a deliciously chewy cookie and it will be worth the wait – trust me. I am sharing the recipe for these Monster Cookies over on Love From The Oven today.
Monster M&M Peanut Butter Cookies
Monster M&M Peanut Butter Cookies filled with rolled oats, chocolate chips, M&M’s and peanut butter, there is so much goodness in every single bite.
- Yield: Makes 16 cookies
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 135 grams (3/4 cup) brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 180 grams (3/4 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 100 grams (1 cup) rolled oats
- 200 grams (1 cup) plain M&M’s
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar for about 4 minutes or until creamy and pale. Add the vanilla and beat again. Then add the egg and beat until smooth. Add the peanut butter and beat until combined. In a separate ball, sift the flour, baking soda, cornflour and gently whisk together. Then add the dry ingredients to the wet and gently fold together. Add the rolled oats, M&M’s and chocolate chips and stir until combined. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Line two oven trays with baking paper. Preheat the oven to 360 F (180C). Grab the cookie dough from the fridge. The dough will still be a bit sticky but it should be firm enough to roll balls using your hands. Line the balls of cookie dough onto the prepared trays and then flatten then with your hand or a spatula, as they wont spread out as much as a normal cookie would. Bake the cookies for approximately 10 to 12 minutes. The cookies should be golden brown on the edges but will look undercooked in the middle. Leave the cookies to cool before gently moving to a wire rack to cool completely. They will be quite fragile until they cool completely so be patient! Then enjoy with a cold glass of milk.