Soft and chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies ❤️
Where have these cookies been my whole life? With crispy edges and a chewy oat-filled centre, these cookies are completely moreish.
A dash of cinnamon and bucketload of chocolate chips make these cookies pure perfection.
It was just the other day that I realised I didn’t have an Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe on Sweetest Menu. I had shared my Oatmeal Raisin Cookie recipe and my favourite Chocolate Chip Cookies, but a mash up? No where to be seen!
I went about fixing that straight away. And boy was it worth it! These chewy and crisp Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are heavenly.
I knew exactly what type of cookie I wanted. First, it had to be just the right thickness – not too thick, not too thin. And it had to have those deliciously crunchy golden brown edges, cooked to perfection.
I wanted the middle to be thick and plump, with a dash a cinnamon for extra flavour, plenty of whole rolled oats for chew and a generous helping of chocolate chips (because chocolate is life, am I right?).
And these are it👆🏻 They’re crispy, crunchy, sweet and cinnamon-y, with bursts of chocolate in every single bite. I LOVE THEM.
The best part? There is NO need to chill the dough. A little extra flour means these cookies won’t spread too much, just the perfect amount. #winning
This also means from the time you *think* about making these cookies to the time they’re coming out of the oven, is mere minutes. That’s my idea of a good cookie.
Ready in just 11 minutes, these Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are begging to be baked. Tell me, are you in?!
Thick and chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 100 grams (1 cup) rolled oats
- 150 grams (1 cup) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F). Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugars and beat using an electric beater until smooth and creamy. Add the egg and the vanilla and beat until combined, scrapping down the sides.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and rolled oats and mix until soft cookie dough forms. Add chocolate chips.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place on the baking trays, leaving room for the cookies to flatten out. Place in oven for 10-11 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- Leave the cookies to cool for a couple of minutes before gently moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 216