Prep: 40 minutesCook: 11 minutesTotal: 51 minutes
Thick and chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt, optional
- 100 grams (1 cup) rolled oats
- 150 grams (1 cup) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugars and beat using an electric beater until smooth and creamy. Add the egg and the vanilla and beat until combined, scrapping down the sides.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and rolled oats and mix until soft cookie dough forms. Add chocolate chips.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place on the baking trays, leaving room for the cookies to flatten out. Place in oven for 10-11 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- Leave the cookies to cool for a couple of minutes before gently moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serving Size: 1 cookie Calories: 216
Category: CookiesCuisine: American