Homemade Peanut Butter Bars made completely from scratch. These 6 ingredient no bake Peanut Butter Bars are topped with chocolate and taste just like a Reese’s peanut butter cup.
Peanut Butter Bars AKA the best thing ever ❤️
If you love peanut butter and Reese’s peanut butter cups, you are going to love these homemade Peanut Butter Cups. Soft, buttery and completely irresistible, these no bake bars will be your new go-to recipe.
And did I mention you only need 6 ingredients? I can’t wait for you to try these!
Since my peanut butter recipes are some of my most popular, I know you love peanut butter as much as I do. Which means I just know these Peanut Butter Bars are going to your new fave.
You only need a handful ingredients and a few minutes of time, but the result? Worth every second.
The texture of these Peanut Butter Bars is perfection. Creamy, thanks to loads of butter AND peanut butter, but also a little crunchy, because of the cookie crumbs. But the best part? That crisp layer of chocolate 👌🏻
I love a good no bake treat that you can make ahead of time. These Peanut Butter Bars seriously tick ALL the boxes:
- Easy to make – no electric mixer required
- Just 6 ingredients
- Completely no bake
- Feed a crowd
- They taste AMAZING!
If you think peanut butter and chocolate are a match made in heaven (I do 🙋♀️), you’ll love these no bake bars.
TIPS FOR MAKING PEANUT BUTTER BARS
- For the perfect peanut butter to chocolate ratio, use an 8 inch square pan. Line it with baking or parchment paper so it’s easy to get the bars out when they’re ready.
- These bars are super quick and easy to make but they need to time to set. Make sure you give them plenty of time in the fridge to get firm!
- Store these Peanut Butter Bars in the fridge when you’re not eating them. They keep well for up to 5 days or you can even freeze them. They’re delicious at any temperature – trust me!
What peanut butter should I use?
- I recommend using a full fat, processed peanut butter for this recipe. I don’t recommend using a ‘healthy’ peanut butter as the natural oils tend to seperate and the bars won’t set properly. Try brands like Bega Peanut Butter in Australia, or Skippy or Jif in America.
HOW TO CUT PEANUT BUTTER BARS
- To cut the bars nicely, you need to make sure the chocolate isn’t too cold or it will crack. The slice needs to set in the fridge. However, once you add the chocolate, you can leave the slice at room temperature temporarily – just for the chocolate to set. This will make it easy to cut without the chocolate cracking. Alternatively, put the slice in the fridge to set, but let it come to room temperature before cutting. Using a serrated knife will also help!
MORE PEANUT BUTTER RECIPES TO TRY
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Swirl Brownies
- Peanut Butter Balls with Rice Krispies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Layer Cake
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
No bake Peanut Butter Bars made from scratch.
- 150 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) Digestive biscuits*, finely crushed
- 95 grams (3/4 cup) icing or powdered sugar
- 375 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) smooth peanut butter
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 100 grams (2/3 cups) milk chocolate
- 100 grams (2/3 cups) dark chocolate
- Line an 8 inch square cake pan with baking or parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, add crushed cookies, sugar and peanut butter.
- Pour over melted butter and stir to combine until a smooth peanut butter dough forms. Transfer mixture to prepared pan and smooth to form one even layer. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
- Add chocolate to a small bowl and melt in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until smooth. Pour chocolate over the top of the peanut butter slice. Place back in the fridge for the chocolate to set.
- To serve, cut bars into small squares. Store peanut butter bars in the fridge.
*You can use any plain sweet biscuits, like Graham Crackers, Digestive biscuits or Arnotts Maries.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 348
Keywords: Peanut butter bars, reese's peanut butter bars, no bake peanut butter bars