Made from scratch, these Double Chocolate Oreo Brownies are the perfect dessert. Fudgy chocolate brownies filled with chocolate chunks and topped with crunchy Oreos.
These chocolate brownies are the belle of the ball 💃
Made with melted dark chocolate and stuffed with chocolate chips, you’ll enjoy an extra fudgy brownie, topped with a boatload of crunchy cream-filled Oreos.
The best part? All you need is a bowl and spoon to make these gorgeous Double Chocolate Oreo Brownies! Need I say more?
If I had to name my top 5 favourite desserts of all-time, a good chocolate brownie would definitely make the list. It’s hard to beat their gooey texture and overwhelming chocolate flavour, not to mention the chewy edges, oooh and that signature crinkly top ❤️
We’ve already drooled over these Loaded Twix Chocolate Brownies, and gotten our pb&j fix with these Peanut Butter and Jelly Brownies, and now we have another brownie to add to the favourites list – one using America’s favourite cookie, Oreos!
You are going to LOVE these brownies. And how simple they are to make – you don’t even need an electric mixer! #winning
Now I know there is some debate over whether a fudgy brownie or a cakey brownie is where it’s at. If you are in the cakey camp, cook these brownies for a little longer, around 35 minutes. On the other hand, if you like them to be gooey in the middle, try to underbake them – remembering they will continue to cook a little as they cool.
Want to know my secret for very fudgy brownies like these? 👆🏻 I let mine cool slightly and then I pop them in the fridge for a few hours, or even overnight. Trust me, it’s the best way to ensure your brownie is fudgy-licious!
And if you like them warm, you can still slice them and then heat them in the microwave for 10 seconds or so for an irresistible chocolate treat! So what are you waiting for? Let’s eat Double Chocolate Oreo Brownies!
Extra fudgy Double Chocolate Oreo Brownies loaded with chocolate chips and Oreo cookies.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, chopped
- 200 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) good quality dark chocolate, in pieces
- 180 grams (1 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 90 grams (2/3 cup) plain flour
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) milk or dark chocolate chunks
- 130 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain Oreos, broken into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line an 8 inch square tin with paper baking, ensuring two sides of the paper overhang.
- Add butter and chocolate to a heatproof bowl and microwave until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Leave to cool slightly.
- Next, add sugar and vanilla to the chocolate mixture and stir. Add eggs, one at a time and stir again. Add flour and chocolate chips and stir until mixture is smooth.
- Pour mixture into the prepared tin and very gently smooth over the top. Place the broken Oreo pieces over the top of the brownie and press down slightly into the mixture.
- Bake the brownie for about 30-35 minutes or until cooked through. It should start to crack on the edges and no longer wobble in the middle. Leave to cool completely before cutting into squares.
These brownies keep well in an airtight container for 3 days. Just microwave for 10-15 seconds to serve warm.