Extra fudgy Double Chocolate Oreo Brownies loaded with chocolate chips and Oreo cookies.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, chopped
- 200 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) good quality dark chocolate, in pieces
- 180 grams (1 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 90 grams (2/3 cup) plain flour
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) milk or dark chocolate chunks
- 130 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain Oreos, broken into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line an 8 inch square tin with paper baking, ensuring two sides of the paper overhang.
- Add butter and chocolate to a heatproof bowl and microwave until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Leave to cool slightly.
- Next, add sugar and vanilla to the chocolate mixture and stir. Add eggs, one at a time and stir again. Add flour and chocolate chips and stir until mixture is smooth.
- Pour mixture into the prepared tin and very gently smooth over the top. Place the broken Oreo pieces over the top of the brownie and press down slightly into the mixture.
- Bake the brownie for about 30-35 minutes or until cooked through. It should start to crack on the edges and no longer wobble in the middle. Leave to cool completely before cutting into squares.
These brownies keep well in an airtight container for 3 days. Just microwave for 10-15 seconds to serve warm.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 241
Keywords: Chocolate, Oreo, Brownies, Dessert