Fudgy Peanut Butter and Jelly Swirl Brownies made completely from scratch. These chewy brownies are topped with gooey puddles of peanut butter and only take 30 minutes to make.
Welcome to the peanut butter party 🎉
Big, chunky Peanut Butter and Jelly Brownies are on today’s menu. Fudgy brownies made from scratch using real dark chocolate and topped with swirls of peanut butter and sweet strawberry jam.
Take one bite and you’ll be in PB&J heaven.
And now these Peanut Butter and Jelly Brownies are one of my all-time favourite recipes. They come together super quickly, without an electric mixer, just like my popular Gluten Free Brownies.
They boast a deliciously fudgy and soft centre and that all-important crinkly top. But it’s those sweet pockets of peanut butter and jam that make these brownies EXTRA special. I promise, they’re a total crowdpleaser.
You can also easily make them ahead of time, which is great for entertaining. Served warm, with a scoop of ice cream and they’re the dreamiest dessert.
How to make peanut butter brownies from scratch
- These Peanut Butter Brownies are super easy to make. It’s just a mix and stir recipe, so you don’t need an electric mixer.
- You can use any dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate you like.
- Once you add the peanut butter and the jam on top of the brownie batter, you simply swirl the two using a butter knife – there’s no right or wrong way to do this.
- If you want a fudgy brownie, you’ll want to take these brownies out around the 40 minute mark, once they stop wobbling in the middle. If you have the brownies while they are still warm, the peanut butter will be gooey and soft.
- You can store the brownies in the fridge but when it comes to serve them, you can microwave them for 10-20 seconds to make them warm. They’re especially delicious with a little cream or ice cream on the side.
More Brownie Recipes To Try
Chocolate brownies topped with swirls of peanut butter and strawberry jelly.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, chopped
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality dark chocolate, pieces
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 85 grams (2/3 cup) plain flour
- 120 grams (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter
- A few tablespoons of strawberry jam or jelly
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line an 8-inch square pan with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides of the paper overhang.
- Add butter and chocolate to a heatproof bowl and heat in the microwave for a minute or two until melted. Stir until smooth.
- Add sugar and vanilla and stir until combined. Add eggs, one at a time and mix again. Then sift in the flour and stir until smooth. Pour brownie mixture into prepared tin.
- Very gently smooth the top. Gently dollop pieces of peanut butter all over the top, and then do the same with the jam. Use a butter knife to gently swirl the peanut butter and jam.
- Bake brownie for approximately 40 minutes or until cooked through. It should have a nice cracked top and no longer wobble in the middle. Leave to cool completely.