Make your own M&M Chocolate Frosted Brownies. These buttery chocolate brownies are made with dark chocolate and topped with chocolate ganache frosting and scattered with mini M&M’s.
Triple Chocolate Brownies for the win 💕
What better way to celebrate the start of another week than with a triple chocolate treat. These M&M Chocolate Frosted Brownies are what chocolate-covered dreams are made of.
Soft and chewy chocolate brownies made with real dark chocolate, topped with thick chocolate ganache and colourful M&M candy.
But for me, it’s all about that chocolate frosting. These M&M Chocolate Frosted Brownies are topped with an easy chocolate ganache made with only two ingredients. It’s a seriously fudgy frosting.
Chocolate brownie, chocolate frosting and chocolate candy – what more could you want?
These are actually my version of Cosmic Brownies – have you heard of them before? They’re a pre-packaged American treat. A chocolate frosted brownie topped with rainbow chocolate chips.
But no doubt, the homemade version is even better. And you’ll be pleased to know just how easy these M&M Chocolate Frosted Brownies are to make. They’re perfect for entertaining because they can very easily be made ahead of time. And they can feed a crowd because you can totally make them bite-sized.
My only advice? Invite your friends over because it’s too hard to stop at just one. These M&M Chocolate Frosted Brownies need to be shared!
How to make chocolate ganache
- Chocolate ganache is made using just two ingredients, chocolate and cream. You can use chocolate chips or a block of chocolate, chopped roughly by hand.
- I recommend using full fat thickened cream (heavy cream), rather than a skim or light version.
- You can make chocolate ganache on the stove or in the microwave. Either warm your cream on the stove until its hot, but not boiling, and pour it over your chocolate. Leave it to sit for 5 minutes and then whisk until smooth. Alternatively, combine the cream and chocolate and heat together in the microwave, stirring regularly, until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Chocolate ganache thickens as it cools.
More brownie recipes to try
- Olive Oil Brownies
- Raspberry Chocolate Brownies
- Double Chocolate Oreo Brownies
- Gluten Free Chocolate Brownies
- Amazing Rolo Brownies
- Snickers Chocolate Brownies
Chocolate brownies topped with chocolate ganache and mini M&M’s.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, chopped
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 85 grams (2/3 cup) plain flour
- 225 grams (1 and 1/2 cup) dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) thickened or heavy cream
- 200 grams (1 cup) mini M&M’s
- Preheat the oven to 160 C (320 F). Grease and line a square 8 inch cake tin with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides of the paper overhang.
- Pop the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl and heat in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth.
- Next, add the sugar and vanilla to the chocolate mixture and stir until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time and stir again. Then sift in the flour and beat until the brownie mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin. Bake the brownie for about 35-40 minutes or until cooked through. It should have a nice cracked top and no longer wobble in the middle. Leave to cool completely.
- To make the ganache, place the chocolate chips and cream into a bowl. Heat in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until combined and smooth. Leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Pour the ganache over your chocolate brownie and spread to the corners. Scatter M&M’s on top and then place in the fridge for an hour or two for the frosting to set.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 381
Keywords: Chocolate, Brownies, M&M's, Dessert
This recipe was first published on Sweetest Menu in August 2016.