Welcome to Monday!
What better way to celebrate the start of another week than with a triple chocolate treat? These M&M Chocolate Frosted Brownies are what chocolate-covered dreams are made of.
Soft and chewy chocolate brownies made with delicious dark chocolate, topped with super smooth, thick chocolate ganache and a scattering of colourful M&M’s.
Don’t these M&M Chocolate Frosted Brownies just scream p-a-r-t-y? And they really are the perfect party food because they can very easily be made ahead of time. And they can feed a crowd because you can totally make them bite-sized.
For me, it’s all about that chocolate frosting. It’s made with only two ingredients – cream and chocolate. But it is sooo fudgy, you just want to drive head first into the bowl. Chocolate brownie, chocolate frosting and chocolate candy – what more could you want?
These are actually my version of Cosmic Brownies – have you heard of them before? They’re a pre-packaged American treat. A chocolate frosted brownie topped with rainbow chocolate chips.
I couldn’t find rainbow chocolate chips anywhere here, so I topped my brownies with M&M’s. You could use rainbow chocolate chips or your favourite M&M candy to decorate your brownie. Either way you are guaranteed one sweet chocolate treat!
So it’s my last week at work! I’ve been working there for almost four years so it’s going to be very strange not to walk into that building every morning. I’m going to miss my work colleagues but I’m looking forward to a new adventure!
We’re having a farewell lunch at Jamie’s Italian. Then, Ill be baking mad the next week or so to churn out a few more recipes before it’s time to pack up my little kitchen.
I hope you love these fudgy M&M Chocolate Frosted Brownies!
M&M Chocolate Frosted Brownies
M&M Chocolate Frosted Brownies made with delicious dark chocolate and topped with super smooth, thick chocolate ganache and a scattering of colourful M&M’s.
- Yield: Makes one 8 inch square pan
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, chopped
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality dark chocolate, pieces
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 85 grams (2/3 cup) plain flour
- 225 grams (1 and 1/2 cup) dark chocolate chips
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) thickened or heavy cream
- 200 grams (1 cup) M&M’s candy
- Grease and line a square 8 inch cake tin with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides of the paper overhang. Pop the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl and place over a medium saucepan that is filled with a bit of water, say 5cm (2 inches) high or so. You need to ensure the bottom of the bowl will not touch the water below. Place on the stove on medium heat and stir while the chocolate and butter melt. Once the mixture is lovely and smooth, remove the bowl from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 160 C (320 F). Next, add the sugar and vanilla to the chocolate mixture and beat with an electric beater or with a wooden spoon until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time and beat again. Then sift in the flour and beat until the brownie mixture is smooth. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin. Bake the brownie for about 35-40 minutes or until cooked through. It should have a nice cracked top and no longer wobble in the middle. Leave to cool completely.
- To make the ganache, place the chocolate chips into a bowl. In a small saucepan, warm the cream on a medium-low until it is slightly bubbling but before it is boiling. Pour the cream over the chocolate, cover with plate and leave it for 3-4 minutes. Gently whisk the mixture until it becomes smooth. Leave to cool for a few minutes. Then pour the ganache over your chocolate brownie and spread it out. Place your M&M’s on top and then pop into the fridge for an hour or two for the frosting to set. You can either serve the brownies cold or take them out of the fridge about 30 minutes before serving.