Chocolate brownies topped with chocolate ganache and mini M&M’s.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, chopped
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 85 grams (2/3 cup) plain flour
- 225 grams (1 and 1/2 cup) dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) thickened or heavy cream
- 200 grams (1 cup) mini M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line a square 8-inch cake tin with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides of the paper overhang.
- Pop the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl and heat in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth.
- Next, add the sugar and vanilla to the chocolate mixture and stir until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time and stir again. Then sift in the flour and beat until the brownie mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin. Bake the brownie for about 35-40 minutes or until cooked through. It should have a nice cracked top and no longer wobble in the middle. Leave to cool completely.
- To make the ganache, place the chocolate chips and cream into a bowl. Heat in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until combined and smooth. Leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Pour the ganache over your chocolate brownie and spread to the corners. Scatter M&M’s on top and then place in the fridge for an hour or two for the frosting to set.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 381
Keywords: Chocolate, Brownies, M&M's, Dessert