I have had Nutella Brownies on my to-make list forever. And I’m so glad I finally made them because they are like my favourite thing EVER. Combining two loves, brownies and Nutella, these brownie bars are out-of-this-world.
We are talking totally over-the-top with the fudge factor, super chewy edges and pockets of pure Nutella studded throughout each one. I mean can you even? I also use real dark chocolate in the batter so the depth of chocolate flavour is REAL my friends. Thick, fudgy, chewy and Nutella-ery, what more could want in a brownie?
Brownies are my go-to whenever we have friends over for dinner because I am yet to met someone who doesn’t love a good brownie. Especially one served with freshly whipped cream (a thousand times yes).
So far my go-to brownies are my Peanut Butter and Jelly Swirl Brownies (always a crowd pleaser) and my Snickers Chocolate Brownies (love a little surprise in my brownies), however, these Nutella Swirl Brownies? Straight to the top of the brownie list my friends. They are seriously good and maybe the BEST ways to use Nutella.
In fact, there’s Nutella both IN the brownie batter and swirled on top so they are packed with all the good things. And you don’t even need to bother getting the electric mixer out of the cupboard for this recipe. Just grab a bowl and spoon and away you go!
I’m so glad I still have two brownies sitting on my bench because otherwise writing this post would be torture. Must eat one STAT. If you are looking for an easy dessert solution that with satisfy all your chocolate cravings, give these brownies a go.
How was your weekend? I had a nice relaxing one, did baking (of course) and caught up with friends which was lovely. I also tried making a video for you all but it is h-a-r-d. I now have waaay more compassion for those who have to see themselves on camera all the time. And listening to your own voice? That is always rough.
So I think I might need to bit more practise before I release a video into the internet world but I thought it would be a lovely way to connect with you all. Let me know if videos would be something your interested in! For now, let’s tuck into our Nutella Brownies.
Fudgy Nutella Swirl Chocolate Brownies with super chewy edges and pockets of pure Nutella studded throughout each one.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter
- 100 grams (2/3 cup) good quality dark chocolate
- 300 grams (1 cup) Nutella
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 85 grams (2/3 cup) plain flour
- Grease and line a square 8 inch cake tin with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides of the paper overhang. Pop the butter and dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl and place over a medium saucepan that is filled with a bit of water, say 5cm (2 inches) high or so. You need to ensure the bottom of the bowl will not touch the water below. Place on the stove on low heat and stir while the chocolate and butter melt. When they are nearly completely melted add 1/2 cup of Nutella (set the other 1/2 cup aside) and stir until the mixture is completely creamy and smooth. Remove the bowl from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 160 C (320 F). Next, add the sugar and vanilla to the chocolate mixture and stir with a wooden spoon or spatula. Add the eggs, one at a time and stir. Then sift in the flour and stir until the brownie mixture is smooth. Pour the brownie batter into the prepared tin. Then dollop the other 1/2 cup of Nutella all over the top and use a butter knife to make a few swirls.
- Bake the brownie for about 30-35 minutes or until cooked through. It should have a nice cracked top and no longer wobble in the middle. Leave to cool completely. Serve warm (microwave for 15 seconds) or cold with whipped cream.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 296
Keywords: Chocolate, Nutella, Brownies