Best ever Nutella Brownies! These fudgy Nutella Brownies are made with real chocolate and have big swirls of gooey Nutella baked right into the batter.
Best ever fudgy Nutella Swirl Chocolate Brownies ❤️
These brownies have a seriously over-the-top fudge factor, with super chewy edges and pockets of pure Nutella studded throughout each one. Can you even? We also use real dark chocolate AND Nutella in the batter so the depth of chocolate flavour is REAL my friends.
Thick, fudgy, chewy and Nutella-ery, what more could you want?
Brownies are my go-to whenever we have friends over for dinner because I am yet to met someone who doesn’t love a good brownie. Especially one served with whipped cream (a thousand times yes).
My go-to brownies are my Peanut Butter and Jelly Swirl Brownies (always a crowd pleaser) and my Snickers Chocolate Brownies (love a little surprise in my brownies), however, these Nutella Swirl Brownies have gone straight to the top of the list.
They are seriously good and maybe the BEST ways to use up that jar of Nutella sitting in your cupboard.
The best part? You don’t even need to get out an electric mixer for this recipe. Just grab a bowl and spoon and away you go!
I’m so glad I still have two brownies sitting on my bench because otherwise writing this post would be torture. Must eat one STAT. If you are looking for an easy dessert solution that with satisfy all your chocolate cravings, give these epic Nutella Brownies a go.
TIPS FOR MAKING PERFECT NUTELLA BROWNIES
- You don’t need an electric mixer to make this recipe – just a bowl and spoon.
- Start by melting together the butter and dark chocolate. I like to use the microwave because it’s quick and easy. Stir until smooth. Then add 1/2 cup of Nutella (SO GOOD).
- Next comes the sugars and vanilla, and then the eggs, just one at a time. Finally the flour – I recommend weighing the flour using a kitchen scale so you don’t accidentally add too much.
- Once you transfer the mixture to your prepared baking tip, you can dollop the rest of the Nutella all over the top. Use a butter knife to swirl the Nutella into the brownie batter. Bake until the brownie no longer wobbles in the middle.
- Leave the brownie to cool completely before slicing. My trick? Leave your brownie to cool for about 15 minutes before transferring to the fridge to cool completely. Fridge brownies are the best – they go super fudgy and it makes it much easier to cut them.
MORE BROWNIE RECIPES TO TRY
- Chocolate Raspberry Brownies
- One Bowl Cocoa Brownies
- Vegan Brownies
- M&M Chocolate Frosted Brownies
- Gluten Free Chocolate Brownies
Chocolate brownies with gooey swirls of Nutella.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter
- 150 grams (1 cup) good quality dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 300 grams (1 cup) Nutella
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 85 grams (2/3 cup) plain flour
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line a square 8-inch cake tin with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides of the paper overhang.
- Place butter and dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl and place in the microwave. Heat, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Add 1/2 cup of Nutella (set the other 1/2 cup aside) and stir together.
- Next, add sugars and vanilla to the chocolate mixture and stir. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring in between. Finally, add the flour and stir until the brownie mixture is smooth.
- Pour batter into the prepared tin. Then dollop the other 1/2 cup of Nutella all over the top and use a butter knife to swirl it into the brownie batter.
- Bake the brownie for about 35 minutes or until cooked through. It should have a nice cracked top and no longer wobble in the middle. Leave to cool completely before serving. Store brownies in the fridge to make them extra fudgy.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 221
Keywords: Chocolate brownies, Nutella brownies
This recipe was first published on Sweetest Menu in May 2016.