Prep: 30 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutes
Chocolate brownies with gooey swirls of Nutella.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter
- 150 grams (1 cup) good quality dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 300 grams (1 cup) Nutella
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 85 grams (2/3 cup) plain flour or all purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line an 8-inch square pan with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides of the paper overhang.
- Place butter and dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl and place in the microwave. Heat, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Add 1/2 cup of Nutella (set the other 1/2 cup aside) and stir together.
- Next, add sugars and vanilla to the chocolate mixture and stir. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring in between. Finally, add the flour and salt and stir until the brownie mixture is smooth.
- Pour batter into the prepared tin. Then dollop the other 1/2 cup of Nutella all over the top and use a butter knife to swirl it into the brownie batter.
- Bake the brownie for about 35 minutes or until cooked through. It should have a nice cracked top and no longer wobble in the middle. Leave to cool completely before serving. Store brownies in the fridge to make them extra fudgy.
Serving Size: 1 brownie Calories: 221
Nutrition information is a guide only.
Category: DessertCuisine: American