Chocolate brownies topped with swirls of peanut butter and strawberry jelly.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, chopped
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality dark chocolate, pieces
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 85 grams (2/3 cup) plain flour
- 120 grams (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter
- A few tablespoons of strawberry jam or jelly
- Preheat oven to 180 C (360 F). Grease and line an 8 inch square baking tin with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides of the paper overhang.
- Add butter and chocolate to a heatproof bowl and heat in the microwave for a minute or two until melted. Stir until smooth.
- Add sugar and vanilla and stir until combined. Add eggs, one at a time and mix again. Then sift in the flour and stir until smooth. Pour brownie mixture into prepared tin.
- Very gently smooth the top. Gently dollop pieces of peanut butter all over the top, and then do the same with the jam. Use a butter knife to gently swirl the peanut butter and jam.
- Bake brownie for approximately 40 minutes or until cooked through. It should have a nice cracked top and no longer wobble in the middle. Leave to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 335
Keywords: Chocolate, Brownies, Peanut butter, Jelly