Buttery brown sugar blondies stuffed with white chocolate and raspberries.
- 170 grams (3/4 cup) butter, melted
- 225 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 150 grams (1 cup) white chocolate, roughly chopped into chunks
- 50 grams (1/2 cup) fresh or frozen raspberries*
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line an 8-inch square baking tin with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides overhang.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the melted butter and sugar and gently whisk together. Add the vanilla extract and stir.
- Add the egg and mix until combined. Stir in flour and white chocolate chunks. Fold in the frozen raspberries. Pour the batter in prepared tin, smooth the top and place in the oven.
- Bake blondies for approximately 30 minutes or until golden on the edges and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Leave in pan to cool completely. Cut into squares to serve.
Fudge factor: Some reader feedback has been that these blondies are too fudgy and undercooked in the middle. That’s just how I like them. But you can add 35 grams (1/4 cup) of extra flour for a more sturdy, cookie-like blondie.
Raspberries: You can use fresh raspberries or frozen. If you are using frozen raspberries, don’t thaw them. Just add them frozen, and gently stir them into the batter.