Prep: 20 minutesCook: 28 minutesTotal: 48 minutes
Buttery Pecan Chocolate Chip Blondies filled with crunchy pecans and chocolate chips.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 180 grams (1 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour or all purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 80 grams (3/4 cup) pecans, chopped, plus extra for decorating
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) chocolate chips, plus extra for decorating
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line a 7 or 8 inch square baking pan with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter, sugar and vanilla. Beat using an electric mixer on medium speed until combined and creamy – this will help develop that lovely buttery caramel flavour – approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add egg and mix briefly just until combined. Add flour and salt and mix on a low speed until blondie batter comes together. Stir through pecans and chocolate chips. Mixture will be thick and sticky.
- Transfer batter to your prepared baking pan and smooth the top. Add a few extra pecans and chocolate chips on top. Bake for approximately 22-28 minutes* or until golden brown on the edges.
*Cooking time: For a fudgy, gooey blondie, take them out when they are slightly underdone. However, if you prefer a more cookie-like blondie, leave them in for a few extra minutes. Remember cooking times are a guide only. Look for visual cues like when the blondie no longer wobbles in the middle and turns golden brown on the edges.
Serving Size: 1 square Calories: 189 Sugar: 13.9 g Sodium: 44.9 mg Fat: 11.2 g Carbohydrates: 21.5 g Protein: 2.2 g Cholesterol: 27.1 mg
Nutrition information is a guide only.
Category: DessertCuisine: American