Buttery Peanut Butter Blondies made from scratch.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) butter, melted
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter*
- 225 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 150 grams (1 cup) chocolate chips
- 30 grams (1/2 cup) mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line an 8-inch square baking tin with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides overhang.
- In a large mixing bowl, add melted butter. Then add peanut butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs and gently whisk together.
- Add flour and baking powder. Stir until smooth batter forms. Add chocolate chips and marshmallows and stir again.
- Pour blondie batter into prepared tin, smooth the top and place in the oven. Bake blondies for approximately 30 minutes or until golden on the edges and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Leave in pan to cool completely – blondies will firm up as they cool. Cut into squares to serve.
*I recommend using a full fat processed peanut butter like Bega, Skippy and Jif.
Keywords: Blondies, Peanut Butter Blondies, Chocolate Chip Blondies