These Chunky Chocolate M&M Monster Cookies are totally loaded. We’re talking peanut butter, chocolate chips, rolled oats and M&M’s to name but a few. Have you tried Monster Cookies before? They are buttery and delicious but these have a little chocolate twist.
Making them over-the-top and very, very moreish. And perhaps a little bit chunky? But we don’t discriminate on cookie looks around here. Obviously a cookie with a name like ‘monster’ isn’t going to be as good looking as say, a Chocolate Chip Cookie, but taste-wise, these guys are next level.
These Chunky Chocolate M&M Monster Cookies are like a cross between a brownie and a cookie. Despite all the sweet ingredients, they aren’t overly sweet because the rolled oats add that savoury element. They also add a huge amount of texture which is one of the reasons these cookies are so… chunky.
We’ve all agreed that peanut butter and chocolate are a match made heaven (here, here, here and here) so it’s no surprise that they work like magic in this cookie. The peanut butter flavour is subtle but it is most definitely there.
I like to think of these cookies as a kind of kitchen sink cookie. I think you could throw just about anything in them and get a pretty epic result. Next time, I’d like to try adding Reese’s Pieces. How is your week going? I am loving the short week (we had a public holiday on Monday) and we get ANOTHER long weekend this weekend. #winning!
We’re off for a weekend away in Sydney and as usual, we are looking forward to eating all the food! If you feel the chocolate cravings coming on this weekend, why not give these chunky Chocolate Monster Cookies a go?
Chunky Chocolate M&M Monster Cookies
Monster Cookies with a chocolate twist, these Chunky Chocolate M&M Monster Cookies are loaded with peanut butter, chocolate chips, rolled oats and M&M’s.
- Yield: Makes 15 cookies
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 135 grams (3/4 cup) brown sugar, firmly packed
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 20 grams (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
- 20 grams (1/4 cup) dutch processed cocoa*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 100 grams (1 cup) rolled oats
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) plain M&M’s, plus extra for decorating
- 110 grams (3/4 cup) chocolate chips, plus extra for decorating
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar for about 4 minutes or until creamy and pale. Add the vanilla and beat again. Then add the egg and beat until smooth. Add the peanut butter and beat until combined. In a separate ball, sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and gently whisk together. Then add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix together. Add the rolled oats, M&M’s and chocolate chips and stir until combined. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Line two oven trays with baking paper. Preheat the oven to 360 F (180C). Grab the cookie dough from the fridge. The dough will still be a bit sticky but it should be firm enough to roll balls using your hands. Line the balls of cookie dough onto the prepared trays and then flatten then with your hand or a spatula, as they wont spread out as much as a normal cookie would. Bake the cookies for approximately 10 to 12 minutes. Leave the cookies to cool before gently moving to a wire rack to cool completely. They will be quite fragile until they cool completely so be patient! Then enjoy with a cold glass of milk.
If you don’t have dutch processed cocoa, just use regular cocoa powder.