Prep: 60 minutesCook: 12 minutesTotal: 1 hour 12 minutes
Monster Cookies with a chocolate, these chunky cookies are loaded with peanut butter, chocolate chips, rolled oats and M&M’s.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 135 grams (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 100 grams (1 cup) rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) M&M’s, plus extra for decorating
- 150 grams (1 cup) chocolate chips, plus extra for decorating
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together butter, sugars and vanilla until creamy and combined. Then add the egg and the peanut butter and beat briefly just until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, rolled oats and salt and gently whisk together. Then add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Mix on a low speed until chocolate cookie dough forms.
- Add M&M’s and chocolate chips. Then cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two oven trays with baking paper.
- Grab the cookie dough from the fridge. The dough will still be a bit sticky but it should be firm enough to roll into balls using your hands. Roll cookie dough into balls, approximately 1.5 tablespoons each, and place on prepared trays.
- Flatten cookies using your hands or a spatula, as they won’t spread out as much as a normal cookie would. Then add a few extra M&M’s and chocolate chips on top of each one.
- Bake the cookies for approximately 11-12 minutes. Leave the cookies to cool for 5-10 minutes before gently moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serving Size: 1 Cookie Calories: 336 Sugar: 24.6 g Sodium: 138.2 mg Fat: 16.6 g Carbohydrates: 42.2 g Protein: 6.4 g Cholesterol: 31.9 mg
Nutrition information is a guide only.
Category: DessertCuisine: American