Monster Cookies with a chocolate twist, these Chunky Chocolate M&M Monster Cookies are loaded with peanut butter, chocolate chips, rolled oats and M&M’s.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 135 grams (3/4 cup) brown sugar, firmly packed
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 20 grams (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
- 20 grams (1/4 cup) dutch processed cocoa*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 100 grams (1 cup) rolled oats
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) plain M&M’s, plus extra for decorating
- 110 grams (3/4 cup) chocolate chips, plus extra for decorating
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar for about 4 minutes or until creamy and pale. Add the vanilla and beat again. Then add the egg and beat until smooth. Add the peanut butter and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and gently whisk together. Then add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix together. Add the rolled oats, M&M’s and chocolate chips and stir until combined. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F).Line two oven trays with baking paper. Grab the cookie dough from the fridge. The dough will still be a bit sticky but it should be firm enough to roll into balls using your hands. Line the balls of cookie dough onto the prepared trays and then flatten them with your hand or a spatula, as they wont spread out as much as a normal cookie would.
- Bake the cookies for approximately 10 to 12 minutes. Leave the cookies to cool for 5-10 minutes before gently moving to a wire rack to cool completely. They will be quite fragile until they cool completely so be patient!
If you don’t have dutch processed cocoa, just use regular cocoa powder.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 306
Keywords: Cookies, Oats, Monster cookies, Candy, Chocolate, Choc chips, M&M's