Peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough truffles covered in dark chocolate.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) milk chocolate chips
- 250 grams (1 and 2/3 cups) of dark chocolate melts
- 2 or 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter, for drizzling
- Line two baking trays with baking paper and set aside. Use an electric mixer to cream the butter and sugars until combined. Add vanilla and beat until smooth and creamy. Add peanut butter and flour. If the mixture is a little dry, add milk. Stir through chocolate chips.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into small balls (approximately 1 tablespoon) and place onto prepared tray. Continue with all the dough. Gently cover the balls with plastic wrap and then place in the freezer to chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate over the stove by placing a saucepan on a medium heat with a few inches of water in the bottom. Place a heatproof bowl over the top, ensuring the bottom of it does not touch the water. Pop all the chocolate melts in the bowl and gently stir until fully melted. Once the chocolate is smooth and glossy, remove the saucepan (bowl and all) from the stove and keep the bowl sitting on top of the saucepan. The warm water underneath will ensure the chocolate stays smooth and loose.
- Grab cookie dough from the freezer. Dip cookie dough in melted chocolate, swirl it around until fully coated and then gently lift it out with a fork. Give it a little shake to remove the excess chocolate and then pop it onto prepared tray. Repeat with remaining cookie dough, then place into the fridge to set for 10 minutes.
- To decorate, microwave peanut butter until smooth and drizzle over the top using a teaspoon.
- Serving Size: 1 truffle
- Calories: 218
Keywords: Peanut butter, Chocolate, Truffles, Cookie dough, Dessert