A gorgeous no bake Chocolate Oreo Ice Cream Pie made from scratch, with an Oreo crust and a creamy chocolate ice cream filling. This is the perfect dessert for your next celebration.
Chocolate + ice cream + Oreos = one INCREDIBLE pie.
One with a thick and crumbly Oreo cookie crust, a luscious, creamy, chocolate ice cream filling, and swirls of whipped chocolate cream and mini Oreos.
You’re going to love love love this recipe ❤️
This Chocolate Oreo Ice Cream Pie recipe is a little bit special. I first created this recipe back in 2015 in my first year of blogging. It was one of my best creations – and it still might be to this day.
It ticks all the boxes. 1. It tastes amazing. 2. It’s super easy to make. 3. You don’t even have to turn the oven on. 4. It can be made ahead of time. 5. It tastes AH-mazing.
The other reason this pie is special is because it won a competition back in 2015, and the recipe was published in Super Food Ideas magazine. I still remember the day I found out I won – I was BESIDE myself.
So you know this pie must be good. It’s the perfect no bake dessert for dinner parties. It’s big and can easily feed a crowd – plus you can make it the night before for easy entertaining.
The Oreo cookie crust is made using whole Oreos (cream and all) and melted butter. It’s crunchy and sweet. It’s the ultimate crust for the homemade chocolate ice cream.
The creamy filling is made with sweetened condensed milk, cream and real chocolate. Plus we throw in a few extra crushed Oreo cookies for good measure 😉
The final touch is swirls of homemade whipped chocolate cream and a handful of mini Oreo cookies. Side note: Mini Oreos are my new favourite snack.
If you can eat fistfuls of Oreos and ice cream is your weakness, this Chocolate Oreo Ice Cream Pie is for you. You Are Welcome x
No bake Chocolate Oreo Ice Cream Pie loaded with Oreo cookies.
- 400 grams (approximately 40 cookies) Chocolate Oreo Cookies
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 240 ml (1 cup) sweetened condensed milk
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 360 ml (1 and 1/2 cups) thickened or heavy cream
- 80 grams (approximately 8 cookies) Chocolate Oreo Cookies
Chocolate cream to decorate
- 240 ml (1 cup) thickened or heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon icing or powdered sugar
- Mini Oreos, to decorate, optional
- Lightly grease a 9 inch round springform cake tin with butter. Add the Oreos (cream and all) to a food processor and whiz until the cookies become fine crumbs. Add melted butter and mix together. Carefully press the cookies into the bottom and sides of your pan as evenly as you can. Pop in the fridge.
- Pour condensed milk into a large mixing bowl. Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave. Add melted chocolate, cocoa powder and vanilla to condensed milk. Add cream. Use an electric mixer to beat for 3-4 minutes or until chocolate mixture is becomes thick and smooth.
- Use a mortar and pestle to crush remaining Oreos, cream and all. Gently fold Oreos into the chocolate mixture. Pour over the Oreo cookie base, smooth top and pop into the freezer for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove the ice cream pie from the freezer. Beat the cream using an electric mixer, until whipped. Fold in the cocoa powder and icing sugar. Transfer to a piping bag, fitted with a large star tip, and pipe chocolate cream swirls around the edges. Decorate with mini Oreos.
This post was originally published in March 2015.