This is the pie of my dreams.
It is both sweet and salty, smooth and crunchy, light and hearty. AND it is perhaps the easiest pie you will ever make. You don’t even need to turn on the oven. #winning
With a crumbly cookie base and a creamy peanut butter filling, this no bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Pie is finished with a crispy chocolate topping made from chocolate ganache and Rice Krispies! Who’s with me?
I love peanut butter desserts. If you think the combo of peanut butter and chocolate is perfection (please say yes), then this pie will fast become a favourite in your kitchen. Did I mention it’s completely no bake?
You can make this pie ahead of time and whip it out next time you have friends over for a casual dinner. In fact, I bet you probably have most of the ingredients already in your cupboard – especially if you’re a Rice Krispie or Rice Bubble fan.
Ever since I made my Candy Crunch Chocolate Bar, I have been obsessed with putting rice cereal in chocolate. There is something about that crunch that just makes the chocolate taste better.
So when I was pondering the idea of making a peanut butter pie, the idea of topping it with chocolate AND rice cereal just hit me like a ton of chocolate covered bricks. And it’s those moments of inspiration I am so thankful for.
The result? A Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Pie that is completely irresistible. One bite and you’ll enjoy a collision of cookie crumbs, sweet peanut butter filling and crispy chocolate ganache. It is the best of all three worlds.
Well what a week it has been! Work has been extra busy for me so I was so grateful for the weekend. We continued our exploration of sensational Sydney. Yesterday’s adventures took us to the beach where the waves were putting on quite a show because of the windy weather.
I also had quite possibly the best banana bread I have ever had. It was served with honeycomb butter #genius. I also got back into the kitchen and did some recipe testing which wasn’t successful but that’s ok because it means I’m closer than I was before to the winning recipe!
I hope you’re looking forward to the week ahead. Perhaps a slice of Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Pie for your Monday will do you good? 😉
No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Pie with a creamy peanut butter filling and a crispy chocolate topping made from chocolate ganache and Rice Krispies!
- 250 grams (2 and 1/2 cups) graham crackers or Digestive biscuits
- 170 grams (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
Peanut butter layer
- 375 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) smooth peanut butter, room temperature
- 115 grams (1/2 cup / 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 190 grams (1 and 1/2 cup) icing sugar or powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 250 grams (1 and 2/3 cup) dark chocolate
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) thickened cream or heavy cream
- 100 grams (2 and 1/2 cups) Rice Bubbles or Rice Krispies
- Lightly grease a 9-inch loose bottom pie tin. Finely crush your biscuits or crackers using a food processor or put them in a sealed sandwich bag and bash them with a rolling pin. Add the melted butter and stir until the crumbs are all coated and resemble wet sand. Add a pinch of salt.
- Pour your crumbs in your prepared pan and press down to form an even layer using the back of a spoon. You can even go up the sides slightly, like I have. Pop into the fridge.
- To make the peanut butter filling, add the peanut butter, butter, sugar and milk to a large mixing bowl. Use an electric to combine until smooth (you could use wooden spoon if your prefer). If it is a bit thick, you can add another tablespoon of milk. Spread the peanut butter filling on top of your crust and smooth the top. Pop back into the fridge.
- To make the ganache, roughly chop your chocolate and place it in a heatproof bowl. Heat the cream until it is hot the touch (but not boiling) either on the stove or in the microwave. Pour it over the chocolate and leave it to stand for 2 minutes. Gently stir together the cream and chocolate until combined and smooth.
- Quickly stir through the rice cereal, then pour the chocolate mixture on top of the peanut butter filling and spread out as best you can. Put pie in the fridge for at least 2 hours or until firm. Enjoy!