Pecan Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Cups are on the menu today.
Combining three of our favourite things, caramel, chocolate and pecans, these cups are out-of-this-world. They taste like one of my favourite American chocolate bars – Turtles! The best part? You only need five ingredients!
One bite into the chocolate shell and you will enjoy an explosion of homemade golden caramel. The pecan on top adds a little crunch and a delicious nutty flavour. Turtle lovers will be ALL over these!
Not only are these Pecan Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Cups delish, they are surprisingly easy. The thick, gooey caramel is created using only three ingredients – brown sugar, condensed milk and butter. Does it look familiar? It is just like the caramel I made for my Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls the other week. I loved it so much, I couldn’t wait to make it again.
I’m pretty excited about this recipe because it’s the fifth addition in our homemade chocolate cup collection. First there was the Cookie Dough Chocolate Cups, then Peanut Butter and Jelly Cups, followed by Twix Caramel Cups and finally Almond Joy Chocolate Cups. #hellochocolate
These Pecan Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Cups remind me of America in the fall. I can still see the leaves falling, the orange treats and everything apple and cinnamon. Even though it’s spring here, I wanted to make a few fall-inspired treats this year. If you’re on the hunt for an easy but tasty treat, these chocolate cups are calling your name!
I hope you had a great weekend. They just seem to fly by, don’t they? I had a wonderful time catching up with my mum and taking her to all the city highlights. We ate so much good food and spent time at the beautiful beaches. This city is so stunning, it’s wonderful to share it with friends and family!
Pecan Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Cups
Pecan Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Cups filled with homemade golden caramel and topped with a crunchy pecans.
- 135 grams (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) sweetened condensed milk
- 600 grams (4 cups) good quality milk or dark chocolate
- 12 pecans
- Line a 12-hole muffin pan with cupcake liners. To make the caramel, place the brown sugar, butter and condensed milk in a medium saucepan and place on a low-medium heat. Stir gently until all the ingredients have combined and continue to cook for a few minutes until the caramel thickens and the sugar is completely melted. Set aside to cool and thicken slightly for approximately 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Melt the chocolate either in the microwave or using the stove top (double boiler method). To do this, place a small saucepan on medium heat with about 5cm or 2 inches of water in the bottom. Pop the chocolate into a small heatproof bowl and place the bowl on top of the saucepan, ensuring the bottom of the bowl will not touch the water below. Gently stir as the steam slowly melts the chocolate and it becomes silky and smooth.
- Once the chocolate has completely melted, remove the saucepan from the heat but keep the bowl on top. Add approximately 1-2 teaspoons of chocolate into the bottom of your cupcake liner, ensuring it covers the entire base. Place a teaspoon of caramel on top. Try to make sure the caramel doesn’t touch the side of the liner so there is room for the chocolate to completely cover it.
- Spoon over more chocolate so the caramel is completely covered. Pop a pecan on top. Continue filling the remaining liners with chocolate and caramel. Pop your chocolate cups into the fridge for at least one hour or until set.
Leave a Comment