Looking for a simple but completely irresistible no bake treat? I have the answer!
These Almond Joy Coconut Chocolate Cups are downright delightful. If you love Almond Joys, Bounty bars or Mounds bars, then you will adore these tasty chocolate morsels. Expect mouthfuls of sweet coconut and chocolate in every single bite plus a little crunch from the delicious roasted almonds. Perfection!
You know I love to make chocolate cups. We’ve done Cookie Dough Chocolate Cups, Peanut Butter and Jelly Chocolate Cups and Twix Caramel Chocolate Cups. And now we can add Almond Joy Chocolate Cups to the ever growing collection!
Coconut and chocolate are a match made in heaven. And now that I know just how EASY it is to make these chocolate treats, I think I’m in real trouble. Did you know you are just six ingredients away from chocolate-covered coconut heaven?
I’m not exaggerating when I say these Chocolate Cups are irresistible. I loved them and literally could not stop eating them so I had to get them out of the house STAT. But seriously, it is so much fun to recreate your favourite treats. Remember my Homemade Take Five Chocolate Clusters?
I’ve been missing America incredibly the last few weeks so I thought what better way to reminisce than by recreating one of my favourite American candy bars? Volia! Almond Joy Coconut Chocolate Cups were born.
Tell me I’m not the only one who loves to eat all the food when you visit a new destination? While others are checking out the Hollywood Walk of Fame, you can find me strolling the aisles of Whole Foods, buying baking supplies at Walmart or getting lost in an American candy store. Embarrassing but true.
And while I don’t know when I will get to go back to America, I can continue to use all the amazing food experiences from my last trip as inspiration. So for those, like me, who cannot go to the store and buy an Almond Joy, pop into your kitchen and make a batch of these no bake Almond Joy Chocolate Cups instead!
Almond Joy Coconut Chocolate Cups
Almond Joy Coconut Chocolate Cups – a simple no bake treat with sweet coconut and chocolate in every single bite, plus a little crunch from roasted almonds.
- 175 grams (2 and 1/2 cups) shredded coconut
- 60 grams (1/2 cup) icing or powdered sugar
- 320 grams (1 cup) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 600 grams (4 cups) good quality milk or dark chocolate, pieces
- 14 roasted almonds
- Line one or two muffin trays with cupcake liners and a cookie sheet with baking or parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, add the coconut, icing or powdered sugar, condensed milk and vanilla and gently fold. Once the coconut is nice and wet, pop into the fridge for 15-30 minutes or until firm enough to roll into balls using your hands or a cookie scoop.
- Then spoon out tablespoons of the coconut mixture until you have roughly 14 balls and place them on your prepared tray. Pop your tray into the fridge. Then, heat your chocolate in the microwave, stirring between 30 seconds bursts, until fully melted. Get your coconut truffles out of the fridge. Pour one tablespoon of chocolate into your first cupcake liner.
- Grab one of your coconut truffles, flatten it slightly with your hands. Add a roasted almond on top, then place the truffle on top of the melted chocolate. Pour over more chocolate until the truffle is fully covered. Repeat with all the chocolate and coconut truffles. Place them in the fridge for 2 hours or until set.
Leave a Comment