Say hello to the BEST sweet and salty treat! These Take 5 Chocolate Clusters are bursting with all the good things in life. Every tasty morsel is loaded with pretzels, peanuts, peanut butter, caramel and chocolate.
If you love Take 5 chocolate bars, you are the perfect candidate for these chocolate clusters. They are at once chewy, crunchy AND sticky. Sweet and salty wins every time, am I right?
Whenever I visit America, I always make it a priority to go to the grocery store. While others are seeking out the tourist hot spots, I’m wandering the aisles of Wal-Mart, Whole Foods or Target. And I always end up in one of two places – the candy aisle or the baking aisle. Both make me light up like, well, a kid in a candy store.
I’ve tried many American chocolate bars, from Almond Joys to 5th Avenues, Whoopers to Goobers, Peanut Butter Cups to Butterfingers. One that always makes me giggle is the Oh Henry bar, simply because my cat’s name is Henry.
But one of my favourites? Take 5. A chocolate bar bursting with pretzels, peanut butter, peanuts and caramel. So while I can’t buy a Take 5 bar here in Australia, I CAN make these Take 5 Chocolate Clusters!
You will love how easy these clusters are. I have been all over the clusters lately, remember my Chocolate Peanut Butter Peanut Clusters? So easy and yet completely irresistible.
So grab your salty pretzels and smear them with smooth peanut butter, followed by homemade salted caramel and a few roasted peanuts before finally drenching each cluster in melted chocolate. Oh MY!
Homemade take five chocolate clusters loaded with pretzels, peanuts, peanut butter, caramel and chocolate – just like the famous American candy bar.
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon icing or powdered sugar
- 15 pretzels
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) salted caramel sauce
- 30 grams (1/4 cup) salted roasted peanuts
- 100 grams (2/3 cup) dark or milk chocolate, pieces
- Line a baking tray with baking or parchment paper. In a small bowl, mix together your peanut butter and icing sugar. Smear each pretzel with peanut butter and place each one on your prepared tray.
- Add a dollop of caramel sauce on top of the peanut butter and then add a few roasted peanuts. Place in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes or until the pretzels are a little firmer.
- Melt your chocolate in the microwave, stirring between 20 second bursts, until nice and smooth. Then spoon over teaspoons of chocolate onto each pretzel. Pop back in the freezer for 10 minutes or so to set.
- Serving Size: 1 cluster
- Calories: 236
Keywords: Chocolate, Take Five, Pretzels, Caramel, Chocolate