Prep: 200 minutesTotal: 3 hours 20 minutes
Almond Joy Coconut Chocolate Cups – a simple no bake treat with sweet coconut and chocolate in every single bite, plus a little crunch from roasted almonds.
- 175 grams (2 and 1/2 cups) shredded coconut
- 60 grams (1/2 cup) icing or powdered sugar
- 320 grams (1 cup) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 600 grams (4 cups) good quality milk or dark chocolate, pieces
- 14 roasted almonds
- Line one or two muffin trays with cupcake liners and a cookie sheet with baking or parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, add the coconut, icing or powdered sugar, condensed milk and vanilla and gently fold. Once the coconut is nice and wet, pop into the fridge for 15-30 minutes or until firm enough to roll into balls using your hands or a cookie scoop.
- Then spoon out tablespoons of the coconut mixture until you have roughly 14 balls and place them on your prepared tray. Pop your tray into the fridge. Then, heat your chocolate in the microwave, stirring between 30 seconds bursts, until fully melted. Get your coconut truffles out of the fridge. Pour one tablespoon of chocolate into your first cupcake liner.
- Grab one of your coconut truffles, flatten it slightly with your hands. Add a roasted almond on top, then place the truffle on top of the melted chocolate. Pour over more chocolate until the truffle is fully covered. Repeat with all the chocolate and coconut truffles. Place them in the fridge for 2 hours or until set.
Category: DessertCuisine: American