These Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Cookies are absolutely AMAZING! Thick and chewy chocolate cookies filled with gooey pockets of Nutella – everyone always loves them.
Behold, the Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Cookie.
There’s no denying this cookie has some serious star power. I posted a sneak peek photo on Instagram last week and all you Nutella fans out there were loving it!
These thick and chewy chocolate cookies come right off the back of my Big Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies that I introduced you to last week. But instead of being packed with chocolate chunks, these cookies are stuffed with teaspoons of Nutella.
So how do you get the Nutella all up in that cookie? It’s really quite simple. Just spoon out rough teaspoons of Nutella onto a baking sheet and pop them into the freezer for around 30 minutes or so. Meanwhile, you can get started on that soft chocolate cookie dough.
When you are ready to assemble your Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Cookies, you simply wrap your cookie dough around your little Nutella nugget. Then it’s time to bake. The result? An unsuspecting chocolate cookie that is hiding a delicious secret. Take one bite and you will be drowning in an avalanche of warm and gooey Nutella.
As mentioned, I actually photographed this recipe a week or so ago and I’ve been bursting at the seams to share them with you. I know you guys love Nutella stuffed everything just like me! And I will continue to add Nutella stuffed treats to our growing recipe collection here at SM.
From Nutella Stuffed Cookie Cups to Nutella Stuffed Cookie Bars, I can’t help but believe Nutella goes well in everything. It’s getting to the stage where I cannot have the stuff in my house other you will most likely find me hiding in the corner, like Winnie the Pooh, hand in the jar, eyes glazed over in sweet chocolate bliss.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Hungry for more? Join me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter for more amazing recipe ideas.
Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Cookies
Thick and chewy chocolate cookies stuffed with whole teaspoons of gooey Nutella.
- 12 teaspoons Nutella
- 115 grams (1 stick or 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornflour or corn starch
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Line a small baking tray or plate with baking or parchment paper. Dollop 12 teaspoons of Nutella on the tray, ensuring they are an inch or two apart. Pop them in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper. In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugars and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add the vanilla and egg and beat for a minute or so until smooth.
- Add flour, baking soda, cornflour and cocoa into the mixture, and stir until combined and forms a chocolate dough. If it’s a little dry, add the tablespoon of milk.
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced.
- Get the Nutella out from the freezer. Grab a tablespoon of cookie dough, gently flatten it and place a frozen ball of Nutella on top, then wrap the cookie dough around the Nutella so all the Nutella is concealed. Roll into a ball and pop onto your prepared tray. Repeat until you’ve used all the cookie dough and Nutella.
- Place the cookies in the oven and bake for approximately 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy while still a little warm with a glass of milk.
Leave a Comment