Cookie lovers unite! These ooey gooey golden brown cookie cups will blow your mind with their surprise melty Nutella filling! That’s right! Hidden INSIDE is a good teaspoon full of dreamy Nutella goodness. I don’t know about you but these chunky cookie cups give the old cookie a run for its money.
While the regular Chocolate Chip Cookie will always be close to my heart, these really are a VERY close second. If you have Nutella sitting in your cupboard, put down the spoon and make these Nutella Stuffed Cookie Cups stat.
It is certainly no secret around here that I love Nutella. We’ve put it in our cheesecake, made it into mousse, crunchy meringues, chocolate truffles and rocky road and used it to fill our whoopie pies. And now we’ve stuffed it in our cookie dough. I’ll let you in on a little secret. How do you get the Nutella all tucked up neatly in there? Expert skills? Nope.
You just freeze teaspoons of Nutella, wrap the cookie dough around them and then bake. It is THAT easy. And a word to the wise, a spoonful or two of Nutella that has been frozen is utterly delicious. It doesn’t really freeze, it just becomes firm enough to use or eat (wink).
I literally cannot keep Nutella in the house. I love it that much. I’ve never understood people who ‘forget’ the treats sitting inside their cupboard or drawer. I’m always acutely aware of what treats are in my house at all times. And if I bring a sweet for afternoon tea at work, it’ll be gone by 9am. Embarrassing but true.
Needless to say I was not one of those kids who still had Easter Eggs a month after Easter. Even though I have made leftover candy recipes before (here and here), I really can’t relate to this concept of ‘leftover’ candy.
Leftover cookies also are a foreign concept in our household. We LOVE our cookies. Especially cookies cups loaded with Nutella. You’ll be glad to know the Nutella stays lovely and soft inside these cookies even the day after.
Perhaps not quite as gooey as when they first emerge from the oven but still good nonetheless. My new favourite cookie right here. Well I better scoot off to work but I will leave you with this easy and delicious recipe. Have a great weekend!
Nutella Stuffed Cookie Cups
Golden cookie cups with a surprise Nutella filling!
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 teaspoons Nutella
- Line a small baking tray or plate with baking or parchment paper. Dollop 12 teaspoons of Nutella on the tray, ensuring they are an inch or two apart. Pop them in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease a 12 hole muffin tin well with butter. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars using an electric beater for a minute or two until pale and creamy. Add the egg and the vanilla and beat until combined. Add the sifted flour, baking soda and gently fold using a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Divide the cookie dough into 12 even sized balls. Then grab the Nutella from the freezer. Break apart each ball of cookie dough into two pieces, flatten one side and place a frozen ball of Nutella on top, then cover with the other piece so all the Nutella is concealed. Roll into a ball and pop into one of the muffin holes. There is no need to press the cookie dough, it will spread out naturally in the oven. Repeat with all 12 balls of cookie dough.
- Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are golden brown. Let the cookies cool for about 15 minutes or so and then very gently run a butter knife around the edges of each one and lift the cookies out. Leave on a cookie rack to cool BUT eat a few while the cookie is still warm and the Nutella is lovely and gooey.
Leave a Comment