You guys! I think I’m addicted to Oreos. I told you how I love the new Oreo Thins a few weeks ago (remember when I made those crazy Oreo Cookie Dough Smores?) but now I’ve discovered Strawberry Oreos and I can’t EVEN. They taste like strawberry milk! Which I love love love.
So naturally, I had to create a recipe using them. Drum roll please…introducing the legendary Strawberry Oreo Chocolate Icebox Cake. A no bake, luscious dessert that comes together in a matter of minutes but looks, well, pretty darn delish – don’t you think?
I have been ALL over the no bake recipes lately. Remember a few weeks ago when I shared my Chocolate Chip Cookie Icebox Cake? I still dream about that one. This no bake cake is made using a ton of Strawberry Oreos, chocolate whipped cream and fresh strawberries. Easy, tasty and pretty #winning.
All you have to do is whip that cream, dunk those Oreos in a little milk and layer ‘em up. But you will have to wait overnight for the cake to ‘set’ or rather the cookies to soften. But honestly, it still tastes pretty great when they are a little hard. I mean Oreos and cream? Yes.
How are you going this week? Can you believe it’s MAY? I can’t. I heard the other day that time speeds up, or the feeling of time, as you get older. I feel ancient because the days are just flying by right now. Honestly, it will be Christmas before we know it.
It wasn’t long after that discussion that I got sent one of those ‘see how old you are’ websites. You know the ones right? Where you submit a photo and it guesses how old you are? Well I uploaded my photo and it said 33. I am not even 30. Talk about an outrage.
One thing that does make me act like a kid again though is dessert or candy or ice cream. I immediately turn into a five year old kid who can’t wipe the grin off her face. I get genuinely excited. Like I am now. Even though I am not eating this cake, I am looking at these pictures and it reminds me of how much fun it was to create (and eat).
Icebox cakes are so cool. I’ll never forget the very first one I ever tried. It was at Magnolia Bakery in New York and it was their Snickers Icebox Pie. If you ever visit, order it. With a tub of their Banana Pudding on the side. Heaven.
A no bake icebox cake with layers of Oreo cookies, chocolate whipped cream and fresh strawberries.
- 600 ml (2 and 1/2 cups) thickened or heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons icing or powdered sugar
- 280 grams (approximately 38 cookies) Strawberry Oreos, plus an extra 3 cookies for decorating
- 240 ml (1 cup) milk
- 250 grams (1 cup) fresh strawberries, halved
- Prepare a 9 inch round spring form baking tin by greasing the bottom and sides with a tiny bit of butter (this is optional). Next, whip your cream using an electric beater until it forms stiff peaks. Sift in the cocoa powder and icing or powdered sugar.
- To assemble, simply dunk each Oreo in your milk (for around 2 seconds) and then arrange in a single layer across the bottom of your cake tin. Don’t worry too much about any gaps. Then pile on half of your whipped chocolate cream and spread it across the cookies in one even layer.
- Repeat with another layer of Oreos, dunking and then layering them on top of the cream. Then add the remaining cream and smooth it out to form an even layer. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 8 hours or even better, overnight.
- Before serving, remove the cream filling from your extra 3 Oreo cookies and crush the cookies into fine crumbs. Gently run a butter knife around the edge of your cake tin and remove the side of the tin. Sprinkle over the Oreo crumbs. Then add your strawberries around the edges. Cut and serve.
- Notes: You can eat this cake after 4-6 hours (like I did) but the cookie won’t be completely soft.