I can’t even. I CAN’T EVEN. You guys, this Chocolate Chip Cookie Icebox Cake only uses five ingredients – three if you use plain whipped cream instead of chocolate. It is, without a doubt, the easiest dessert on Sweetest Menu but it is PACKED with delicious chocolate chip goodness.
I cannot tell you how good this cake is. It is SO good you’ll want to face plant in it. Between you and me, it would be worth it if you did. Layers of chocolate chip cookie and thick whipped cream create one legendary no bake dessert.
Let me break it down for you. First, there’s a layer of store bought (yes, store bought!) chocolate chip cookies. The hard, chunky kind works well. I’m ALL about homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies 99% of the time, but in this case, you need store bought ones because they are nice and hard – perfect for soaking up all of that creamy goodness.
Next, is a thick layer of homemade whipped chocolate cream, flavoured using a few spoonfuls of cocoa powder and icing or powdered sugar. Then, another layer of cookies and more cream. The final touch – a sprinkling of chocolate chips.
Seriously, that’s it. It comes together in about five minutes flat. Talk about e-a-s-y. It will test your patience though because it is best left overnight. Eight hours of meshing means the cookies completely change texture and become soft – like cake.
And there you have it, a chocolately, no bake, icebox dessert AKA the best thing ever. It is perfect for entertaining because you can whip it up the night before and voila, it’s all done. Serve it with fresh berries or a side of chocolate chip cookies like me!
So how was your weekend? We don’t often go away for the Easter long weekend but this year we spent it at the Gold Coast with my husband’s family. There was plenty of feasting, talking and playing board games.
I also baked Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate Fudge Cookies and Funfetti Vanilla Cupcakes for the fam – am I the only person who brings their own flour and sugar on holidays? Even if it’s just for a few days, it’s always nice to get away. And to think April is just around the corner, I can’t even – where is 2016 going?
Incredible icebox cake made with chocolate chip cookies and whipped chocolate cream.
- 440 grams (approximately 18 large) store bought chocolate chip cookies
- 600 ml (2 and 1/2 cups) thickened or heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons icing or powdered sugar
- 100 grams (2/3 cup) chocolate chips
- Prepare a 9 inch round spring form baking tin by greasing the bottom and sides with a little bit of butter. Next, whip your cream using an electric beater until it forms stiff peaks. Next, sift in the cocoa powder and icing or powdered sugar.
- To assemble, arrange a layer of cookies in the bottom of your cake tin. Then break up a few cookies to fill in the gaps so you have one even layer of cookie (it’s ok if it’s not perfect). Then pile on a little less than half of your cream. Spread it across the cookies in one even layer.
- Repeat with another layer of cookies. Then add the remaining cream and smooth it out to form an even layer. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 8 hours or even better, overnight. Before serving, sprinkle over the chocolate chips. Gently run a butter knife around the edges and then loose and remove the side of the tin. Cut and serve.
You can eat this cake after 4-6 hours (like I did) but the cookie won’t be completely soft.
Keywords: Chocolate, Cookies, Icebox, Cake, Chocolate