Incredible icebox cake made with chocolate chip cookies and whipped chocolate cream.
- 440 grams (approximately 18 large) store bought chocolate chip cookies
- 600 ml (2 and 1/2 cups) thickened or heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons icing or powdered sugar
- 100 grams (2/3 cup) chocolate chips
- Line an 8 or 9 inch springform cake baking with baking or parchment paper.
- Start by whipping your cream using an electric beater until it forms stiff peaks. Sift in cocoa powder and sugar. Stir until chocolate cream is smooth and creamy.
- To assemble, arrange a layer of cookies in the bottom of your cake tin. Then break up a few cookies to fill in the gaps so you have one even layer of cookie (it’s ok if it’s not perfect). Then pile on a little less than half of your cream. Spread it across the cookies in one even layer.
- Repeat with another layer of cookies. Then add the remaining cream and smooth it out to form an even layer. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 8 hours or even better, overnight.
- Before serving, sprinkle over the chocolate chips. Gently run a butter knife around the edges and then loose and remove the side of the tin. Cut and serve.
You can eat this cake after 4-6 hours but the cookie won’t be completely soft – still delicious though!
Keywords: Chocolate, Cookies, Icebox, Cake, Chocolate