Incredible icebox cake made with chocolate chip cookies and whipped chocolate cream.
- 600 ml (2 and 1/2 cups) thickened or heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons icing or powdered sugar
- 440 grams (approximately 18 large) store bought chocolate chip cookies
- 240 ml (1 cup) milk
- 100 grams (2/3 cup) chocolate chips
- Line an 8 or 9 inch springform cake baking with baking or parchment paper.
- Start by whipping your cream using an electric beater until it forms stiff peaks. Sift in cocoa powder and sugar. Stir until chocolate cream is smooth and creamy.
- To assemble, dip your cookies, one at a time, in milk. Then arrange cookies in the bottom of your cake tin in one layer. Break up a few cookies to fill in the gaps (it’s ok if it’s not perfect).
- Add a little less than half of your cream. Spread it across the cookies in one even layer.
- Repeat with another layer of cookies. Dipping them in milk and then adding them on top of your cream. Add the remaining cream and smooth it out to form an even layer. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 8 hours or even better, overnight.
- Before serving, sprinkle over the chocolate chips. Gently run a butter knife around the edges and then loose and remove the side of the tin. Cut and serve.
You can eat this cake after 4-6 hours but the cookie won’t be completely soft – still delicious though!