Leftover Halloween candy? Try this Candy Bar Chocolate Tart made from scratch. With an Oreo crust, a creamy dark chocolate ganache filling and plenty of candy, it’s the perfect no bake dessert.
One BIG Candy Bar Chocolate Tart filled to the brim with chocolate candy. This gorgeous no bake dessert is the perfect way to use up your leftover Halloween candy.
Oreo crust. Chocolate filling. Candy bars. Perfection.
Halloween is not a big holiday here in Australia, but I can understand the concept of leftover candy. And I know how to turn leftover candy into a mouthwatering dessert.
- Candy Crunch Chocolate Bars
- Candy Bar Chocolate Mousse Pie
- Candy Covered Chocolate Sheet Cake
- Chocolate Piñata Party Cake
It is certainly NO secret that we love our candy around here.
And now we have a new way to use candy – in a sweet, buttery Chocolate Tart made from scratch. Can you even?
It begins with a crunchy Oreo cookie crust (hello), followed by a rich dark chocolate ganache filling made with just four ingredients. But the crowning glory?
A billion pieces of candy 💕
Sticky and chewy, this Chocolate Tart is the perfect no bake dessert. There’s just something about the crumbly Oreo crust and that silky smooth chocolate filling that makes me weak at the knees.
Once you add whole pieces of Twix, Snickers, Mars bars and M&M’s, you have a one mouthwatering treat. Of course, you can use whatever candy you want.
So if you’re looking for a sweet dessert that comes together in minutes and easily serves a crowd, this is for you. My only advice?
Invite people over to share this Candy Bar Chocolate Tart because it is i-r-r-e-s-i-s-t-i-b-l-e.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Hungry for more? Join me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter for more amazing recipe ideas.
Candy Bar Chocolate Tart
A delicious no bake chocolate ganache tart studded with candy bars.
- 350 grams (roughly 35) Oreo cookies
- 115 grams (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 400 grams (2 and 2/3 cup) good quality dark or semi-sweet chocolate
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 300 ml (1 and 1/4 cup) thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300 grams (2 cups) assorted mini candy bars*
- Lightly grease a 9 inch loose bottom tart or pie tin. Finely crush your Oreo cookies using a food processor or put them in a sealed sandwich bag and bash them with a rolling pin.
- Add melted butter and stir until the crumbs are all coated and resemble wet sand. Pour crumbs in your prepared pan and press down to form an even layer on the bottom and sides of pie, using the back of a spoon. Pop into the fridge.
- To make ganache, roughly chop chocolate and butter and place in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, heat cream in the microwave or use a saucepan on a low heat on the stove, until it is hot to the touch but do not boil. Pour hot cream over chocolate and butter, cover with a plate, and leave for five minutes.
- Gently whisk the chocolate mixture until smooth. If it is still a little lumpy, you can microwave the mixture for 10-20 seconds and whisk again. Once smooth, pour the chocolate ganache into your prepared tart tin.
- Gently press candy into the ganache. Pop into the fridge for 3-4 hours or overnight to set. Cut into slices and serve.
*Use up your leftover Halloween candy.
Leave a Comment