A delicious no bake chocolate ganache tart studded with candy bars.
- 350 grams (roughly 35) Oreo cookies
- 115 grams (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 400 grams (2 and 2/3 cup) good quality dark or semi-sweet chocolate
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 300 ml (1 and 1/4 cup) thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300 grams (2 cups) assorted mini candy bars*
- Lightly grease a 9 inch loose bottom tart or pie tin. Finely crush your Oreo cookies using a food processor or put them in a sealed sandwich bag and bash them with a rolling pin.
- Add melted butter and stir until the crumbs are all coated and resemble wet sand. Pour crumbs in your prepared pan and press down to form an even layer on the bottom and sides of pie, using the back of a spoon. Pop into the fridge.
- To make ganache, roughly chop chocolate and butter and place in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, heat cream in the microwave or use a saucepan on a low heat on the stove, until it is hot to the touch but do not boil. Pour hot cream over chocolate and butter, cover with a plate, and leave for five minutes.
- Gently whisk the chocolate mixture until smooth. If it is still a little lumpy, you can microwave the mixture for 10-20 seconds and whisk again. Once smooth, pour the chocolate ganache into your prepared tart tin.
- Gently press candy into the ganache. Pop into the fridge for 3-4 hours or overnight to set. Cut into slices and serve.
*Use up your leftover Halloween candy.
Keywords: Chocolate tart, Chocolate ganache tart, Candy tart