Leftover Halloween candy? I’ve got you covered this week with a monster Candy Bar Chocolate Mousse Pie. All my sugar-coated dreams came true with one bite of this pie, from the crunch of the chocolate Oreo crust to the silky smooth dark chocolate mousse and the explosion of candy on top.
The best part? This pie is made using only six ingredients. Yup, that chocolate mousse right there comes together with just two ingredients. I know right? It’s amazing and is now basically my favourite thing ever!
How was your weekend? Life’s gotten a little crazy round here. We are moving house in a couple of weeks time (exciting) and my husband is smack bang in the middle of his final law exams. Combine the two and you have one very messy house.
We’ve known we were going to move house for a while so we have been downsizing for the past few months. We’ve sold so many items we don’t use, cleaned out our closets, given away our clothes and filled many a garbage bag. And it feels great!
I’ve always loved moving house even though it comes with its own stresses (the cleaning – bleh). Growing up we moved house a number of times and my parents always sold it to us kids as an exciting adventure. So that’s still how I see it today.
This move is still in the same city but will open up a few lifestyle changes for us, including a much much shorter commute to work everyday which I am so pumped about. Right now we use our car to go everywhere so being about to walk to places is going to be such a novelty!
So let’s talk pie. I thought of this pie a few weeks ago and it just wouldn’t leave me. And it turned out to be even greater than I imagined. Like most recipes around here, it’s super easy and it’s no bake too. That’s right, you don’t even have to turn the oven on to make this pie!
It only needs only a few ingredients and you could totally change it up and use whatever candy you have on hand. Since I know everyone is in the candy mood after Halloween, I thought now would be the perfect time to break out a candy bar pie.
That mousse is divine. It is so smooth, it literally melts-in-your-mouth. And the thick Oreo crust adds a lovely crunchy texture and you all know Oreos make anything taste better. I covered my pie in colourful M&M’s and chunky pieces of Kit Kat.
It’s rich, dreamy and incredibly hard not to go back for seconds. I really REALLY want you to make this pie. It ticks all the boxes – it’s easy, looks fabulous and taste ridiculously good. So what are you waiting for? Let’s make a Candy Bar Chocolate Mousse Pie!
Amazing no bake Candy Bar Chocolate Mousse Pie with a buttery Oreo crust, a creamy chocolate mousse filling and loads of M&M’s and Kit Kat’s.
- 350 grams (approximately 35) Oreo biscuits
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter
- 600 ml (2 and 1/2 cups) thickened or heavy cream
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality dark chocolate
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) M&M’s
- 100 grams (1 cup) Kit Kat’s
- Crush your Oreos (filling and all) until they resemble fine crumbs using a food processor – if you don’t have one, you could use a plastic zip lock bag and a rolling pin but you will need to make sure the biscuits are finely crushed.
- Melt your butter in the microwave, stirring in-between 10 second bursts and pour over your Oreo biscuit crumbs. Stir until all the crumbs are nice and wet and then pour them into your pie plate. Use the back of a spoon or your fingers to gently press the crumbs into the bottom and sides of your pie plate. Pop into the fridge.
- Next chop your dark chocolate into small chunks and place into a bowl. Then heat 1 cup of your cream in a small saucepan on a medium-low heat until it is warm (do not boil), then pour over your dark chocolate and leave it for about 2-3 minutes. Then whisk your dark chocolate mixture until it is smooth. Leave it to cool for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile start whipping the remaining 1 and 1/2 cups of cream until it resembles stiff peaks. Then fold your whipped cream into your chocolate mixture very gently until fully incorporated. Then pour the mousse over your Oreo biscuit base. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until mousse is set (it is a very soft mousse so it won’t go firm but it will hold its shape when cut).
- Finally, before serving, scatter over your favourite candy – I used M&M’s and Kit Kats. Enjoy!