Prep: 300 minutesTotal: 5 hours
Amazing no bake Candy Bar Chocolate Mousse Pie with a buttery Oreo crust, a creamy chocolate mousse filling and loads of M&M’s and Kit Kat’s.
- 350 grams (approximately 35) Oreo biscuits
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter
- 600 ml (2 and 1/2 cups) thickened or heavy cream
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality dark chocolate
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) M&M’s
- 100 grams (1 cup) Kit Kat’s
- Crush your Oreos (filling and all) until they resemble fine crumbs using a food processor – if you don’t have one, you could use a plastic zip lock bag and a rolling pin but you will need to make sure the biscuits are finely crushed.
- Melt your butter in the microwave, stirring in-between 10 second bursts and pour over your Oreo biscuit crumbs. Stir until all the crumbs are nice and wet and then pour them into your pie plate. Use the back of a spoon or your fingers to gently press the crumbs into the bottom and sides of your pie plate. Pop into the fridge.
- Next chop your dark chocolate into small chunks and place into a bowl. Then heat 1 cup of your cream in a small saucepan on a medium-low heat until it is warm (do not boil), then pour over your dark chocolate and leave it for about 2-3 minutes. Then whisk your dark chocolate mixture until it is smooth. Leave it to cool for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile start whipping the remaining 1 and 1/2 cups of cream until it resembles stiff peaks. Then fold your whipped cream into your chocolate mixture very gently until fully incorporated. Then pour the mousse over your Oreo biscuit base. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until mousse is set (it is a very soft mousse so it won’t go firm but it will hold its shape when cut).
- Finally, before serving, scatter over your favourite candy – I used M&M’s and Kit Kats. Enjoy!
Category: DessertCuisine: American