A no bake icebox cake with layers of Oreo cookies, chocolate whipped cream and fresh strawberries.
- 600 ml (2 and 1/2 cups) thickened or heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons icing or powdered sugar
- 280 grams (approximately 38 cookies) Strawberry Oreos, plus an extra 3 cookies for decorating
- 240 ml (1 cup) milk
- 250 grams (1 cup) fresh strawberries, halved
- Prepare a 9 inch round spring form baking tin by greasing the bottom and sides with a tiny bit of butter (this is optional). Next, whip your cream using an electric beater until it forms stiff peaks. Sift in the cocoa powder and icing or powdered sugar.
- To assemble, simply dunk each Oreo in your milk (for around 2 seconds) and then arrange in a single layer across the bottom of your cake tin. Don’t worry too much about any gaps. Then pile on half of your whipped chocolate cream and spread it across the cookies in one even layer.
- Repeat with another layer of Oreos, dunking and then layering them on top of the cream. Then add the remaining cream and smooth it out to form an even layer. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 8 hours or even better, overnight.
- Before serving, remove the cream filling from your extra 3 Oreo cookies and crush the cookies into fine crumbs. Gently run a butter knife around the edge of your cake tin and remove the side of the tin. Sprinkle over the Oreo crumbs. Then add your strawberries around the edges. Cut and serve.
You can eat this cake after 4-6 hours (like I did) but the cookie won’t be completely soft.