Golden cookie cups with a surprise Nutella filling!
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 teaspoons Nutella
- Line a small baking tray or plate with baking or parchment paper. Dollop 12 teaspoons of Nutella on the tray, ensuring they are an inch or two apart. Pop them in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease a 12 hole muffin tin well with butter. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars using an electric beater for a minute or two until pale and creamy. Add the egg and the vanilla and beat until combined. Add the sifted flour, baking soda and gently fold using a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Divide the cookie dough into 12 even sized balls. Then grab the Nutella from the freezer. Break apart each ball of cookie dough into two pieces, flatten one side and place a frozen ball of Nutella on top, then cover with the other piece so all the Nutella is concealed. Roll into a ball and pop into one of the muffin holes. There is no need to press the cookie dough, it will spread out naturally in the oven. Repeat with all 12 balls of cookie dough.
- Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are golden brown. Let the cookies cool for about 15 minutes or so and then very gently run a butter knife around the edges of each one and lift the cookies out. Leave on a cookie rack to cool BUT eat a few while the cookie is still warm and the Nutella is lovely and gooey.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie cup
- Calories: 217
Keywords: Chocolate, Cookies, Nutella