Prep: 50 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour
Thick and chewy chocolate cookies stuffed with whole teaspoons of gooey Nutella.
- 12 teaspoons Nutella
- 115 grams (1 stick or 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornflour or corn starch
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Line a small baking tray or plate with baking or parchment paper. Dollop 12 teaspoons of Nutella on the tray, ensuring they are an inch or two apart. Pop them in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper. In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugars and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add the vanilla and egg and beat for a minute or so until smooth.
- Add flour, baking soda, cornflour and cocoa into the mixture, and stir until combined and forms a chocolate dough. If it’s a little dry, add the tablespoon of milk.
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced.
- Get the Nutella out from the freezer. Grab a tablespoon of cookie dough, gently flatten it and place a frozen ball of Nutella on top, then wrap the cookie dough around the Nutella so all the Nutella is concealed. Roll into a ball and pop onto your prepared tray. Repeat until you’ve used all the cookie dough and Nutella.
- Place the cookies in the oven and bake for approximately 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy while still a little warm with a glass of milk.
Serving Size: 1 cookie Calories: 205
Nutrition information is a guide only.
Category: DessertCuisine: American