Pecan Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Cups filled with homemade golden caramel and topped with a crunchy pecans.
- 135 grams (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) sweetened condensed milk
- 600 grams (4 cups) good quality milk or dark chocolate
- 12 pecans
- Line a 12-hole muffin pan with cupcake liners. To make the caramel, place the brown sugar, butter and condensed milk in a medium saucepan and place on a low-medium heat. Stir gently until all the ingredients have combined and continue to cook for a few minutes until the caramel thickens and the sugar is completely melted. Set aside to cool and thicken slightly for approximately 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Melt the chocolate either in the microwave or using the stove top (double boiler method). To do this, place a small saucepan on medium heat with about 5cm or 2 inches of water in the bottom. Pop the chocolate into a small heatproof bowl and place the bowl on top of the saucepan, ensuring the bottom of the bowl will not touch the water below. Gently stir as the steam slowly melts the chocolate and it becomes silky and smooth.
- Once the chocolate has completely melted, remove the saucepan from the heat but keep the bowl on top. Add approximately 1-2 teaspoons of chocolate into the bottom of your cupcake liner, ensuring it covers the entire base. Place a teaspoon of caramel on top. Try to make sure the caramel doesn’t touch the side of the liner so there is room for the chocolate to completely cover it.
- Spoon over more chocolate so the caramel is completely covered. Pop a pecan on top. Continue filling the remaining liners with chocolate and caramel. Pop your chocolate cups into the fridge for at least one hour or until set.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie cup
- Calories: 464
Keywords: Chocolate, Caramel, Pecans, Dessert