If you don’t have any Nutella in your cupboard, quick, run to the store now! These Mini Strawberry Nutella Mousse Pies are calling! A soft and velvety Nutella chocolate mousse sitting on top of a crumbly Oreo crust, served with juicy fresh strawberries.
While I’ve been pulling out the track pants and wearing socks 24/7, those in the Northern Hemisphere are enjoying all the joys of summer (so I hear). But it doesn’t matter to me whether its summer, winter or spring – no bake desserts are always a good idea.
Whenever I’m entertaining, I’m always partial to no bake desserts because 99 out of 100 times, they can made ahead of time. Half the time, they taste even BETTER the next day. And easy no bake desserts make for easy entertaining.
Whip these gorgeous pies out at your next do and watch them disappear. Your guests will never know they were a cinch to make! Honestly, these pies are too easy. Once you crush those Oreos and make the cookie crust, it’s just a matter of whipping up the mousse (which is only four ingredients) and then its time to let it set.
Before serving, add a few strawberries and you are good to go! Fresh strawberries and chocolate are just a match made in heaven, am I right? It’s like having your own little pot of Nutella fondue right there, ready for dipping!
It’s a good thing there is no more Nutella mousse in my house because I’m starting to develop some serious cravings right now. And I don’t think it’s normal to eat chocolate mousse at 6am in the morning!
Can you believe it’s the last day of June? The financial year is just about over, and you know what that means right? Christmas is coming! Just kidding. But really, we are halfway through 2016 already! #madness
A soft and velvety Nutella chocolate mousse sitting inside a crumbly Oreo crust, topped with fresh strawberries.
- 200 grams (20 cookies) Oreos
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 225 grams (3/4 cup) Nutella
- 360 ml (1 and 1/2 cups) thickened or heavy cream
- 6 fresh strawberries
- Grated chocolate to decorate
- Crush your Oreos, cream and all, using a food processor. Melt your butter in the microwave and then pour over the Oreos and whiz again. Stir until they are fully coated and become like wet sand. Press into the bottom and sides of your tart tins. Pop them into the fridge.
- Meanwhile, add the cream cheese to a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add the vanilla and Nutella and beat until smooth. In a seperate bowl, whisk the cream until soft peaks form. Gently mix through the whipped cream into the Nutella mixture.
- Pour the Nutella mixture over the Oreo base. Pop in the fridge for at least 3 hours before serving. Add a strawberry and sprinkle over a few chocolate shavings. Enjoy!