Creamy chocolate Rocky Road Ice Cream filled with chocolate chips, mini marshmallows and chocolate-covered almonds. Made with sweetened condensed milk and whipped cream, it’s a delicious homemade treat.
Are there any rocky road fans out there?
If you’re anything like me, you have a soft spot for the magical combination that is chocolate, marshmallows and nuts. And when you take rocky road and turn it into Rocky Road Ice Cream – well then you’re on a whole new level of deliciousness.
Introducing my no churn American Rocky Road Ice Cream.
I think I might have a small obsession with rocky road. We have made SO many amazing rocky road treats together, from Rolo Rocky Road (filled with gooey caramel rolos) to my Smores Rocky Road and even Rocky Road Cheesecake.
But now, it’s all about that Rocky Road Ice Cream. I just know you are going to love this one.
It’s starts with a creamy chocolate ice cream base made with sweetened condensed milk, cream and real chocolate. Off to a good start right?
Then comes the mix-in’s. Now I call this American Rocky Road Ice Cream because it uses almonds. In Australia, we usually use peanuts in our rocky road, but I gotta say, almonds work PERFECTLY in this recipe. First, we coat the almonds in white chocolate.
I know, can you even?
Along with the choc coated almonds, we also add mini marshmallows and chocolate chips or chocolate chopped by hand (whatever you have on hand).
SO MUCH GOODNESS in every bite.
This is a no churn recipe which means you don’t need an ice cream machine. All you need is an electric mixer, a freezer and a whole lotta patience – waiting for the ice cream to set. But that’s ok, you can eat the leftover marshmallows in the meantime 😜
TIPS FOR MAKING ROCKY ROAD ICE CREAM
- You’ll need an electric mixer to make this recipe.
- Start by melting the white chocolate and adding the almonds. Stir to coat and then spread the almonds out on a plate lined with baking or greaseproof paper. Place the almonds in the fridge to set.
- Meanwhile, get started on the ice cream base. Start by whipping together sweetened condensed milk, melted chocolate, cocoa powder and vanilla.
- Use an electric mixer to whip the cream. Make sure you whip the cream until stiff peaks form as this will help the ice cream to set.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture. Roughly chopped the chocolate-covered almonds, then add to the chocolate ice cream, along with the mini marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Pour ice cream into a container with a lid or cover tightly with plastic wrap. You’ll need to freeze the ice cream for at least 8 hours, or even better, overnight.
Chocolate ice cream stuffed with mini marshmallows, chocolate and almonds.
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) white chocolate
- 80 grams (1/2 cup) almonds
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) dark chocolate
- 240 ml (1 cup) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 480 ml (2 cups) thickened or heavy cream
- 60 grams (1 cup) mini marshmallows
- 40 grams (1/4 cup) chocolate chips
- Line a plate or small tray with baking paper. Place white chocolate in a small bowl and microwave until just melted. Stir until smooth.
- Add almonds to the white chocolate and mix until the nuts are completely covered. Pour onto prepared tray and spread out so the nuts are in one layer. Pop into the fridge to set.
- Melt dark chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until smooth and creamy.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together condensed milk, melted dark chocolate, cocoa powder and vanilla until combined.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream using an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the cream into the chocolate condensed milk mixture.
- Remove almonds from the fridge and roughly chop. Add almonds, mini marshmallows and chocolate chips and gently fold to combine. Transfer into an airtight container with a lid or cover container tightly with plastic wrap.
- Freeze ice cream for at least 8 hours, or even better, overnight.