Rolo. Rocky. Road. ❤️
That’s right friends. You heard correctly. This right here 👆🏻 is a 6 ingredient chocolate treat that you are going to LOVE.
There’s chocolate, there’s marshmallows, there’s peanuts, OH and chocolate caramel ROLOS! Because #yolo
Hi from San Francisco friends! *waves* We have just made our way from Los Angeles to San Francisco on what was an absolutely stunning road trip. The coastline of California was even more beautiful than I ever imagined. Love to show you photos very soon!
We are now enjoying a couple of days in San Francisco. I can’t wait to tell you about all the mouthwatering treats we have eaten already!
But right now we need to talk about this Rolo Rocky Road. Can you even? I mean talk about an over-the-top downright delicious dessert. I had to stop myself from eating the whole thing because chocolate caramel is my weakness.
And when you combine chocolate and caramel with rocky road, you get one sweet treat. Plus it’s a cinch to make – just the way we like things around here.
If you’ve been around here for a little while, you’d know I have a bit of thing for rocky road. I’ve made Smores Rocky Road (still one of my all-time favourites), Cookies and Cream Rocky Road and Easter Egg Rocky Road, oh and Rocky Road Chocolate Fudge!
But this Rolo Rocky Road is my new favourite. The base is a mix of milk and dark chocolate with mini marshmallows, salted peanuts, crushed cookies AND Rolos. It’s crunchy, creamy and oh-so-gooey. You Are Welcome! x
Easy Rolo Rocky Road
Easy Rolo Rocky Road with mini marshmallows, peanut butter and cookie crumbs.
- Yield: Makes one 8 inch square pan
- 300 grams (2 cups) milk chocolate
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) dark chocolate
- 65 grams (1/2 cup) roasted peanuts, salted or unsalted
- 60 grams (1 cup) mini marshmallows
- 100 grams (1 cup) crushed graham crackers or Digestive biscuits*, crushed
- 250 grams (1 and 2/3 cup) Rolo chocolate
- Grease and line an 8 inch square baking tin with baking or parchment paper. Place the milk and dark chocolate in a large bowl and pop in the microwave, stirring in-between 20 second bursts, until just melted.
- Add the roasted peanuts, marshmallows and cookie pieces into the chocolate and stir until it is all covered. Add half the Rolo chocolate and stir. Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared tin and spread out into one smooth layer. Press the extra Rolo pieces on top.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour or until the chocolate is set. Cut into small squares and serve. Keep in the fridge in an air-tight container.
*You can use any store-bought plain sweet biscuit/cookie for this recipe.