My easy Rolo Rocky Road makes for a quick and easy no bake chocolate treat. Packed with marshmallows, roasted peanuts and chocolate caramel Rolos, it’s the best rocky road I’ve ever had. No electric mixer needed.
When rocky road collided with oodles of chocolate caramel Rolos 👆🏻
This amazing, no bake Rolo Rocky Road is packed with mini marshmallows, crunchy peanuts, buttery cookies and gooey caramel Rolos.
It’s incredibly quick and easy to make – and impossible to stop eating. It’s the perfect treat for sharing.
Why you will love this recipe
- It’s super quick and easy to make
- You don’t need an electric mixer
- It’s crunchy, chewy and oh-so-chocolatey
- You can make it ahead of time for easy entertaining
But I now think the best way to use them, is to make Rolo Rocky Road.
And we’ve also added salty roasted peanuts for crunch.
Because Rolo chocolate is so sweet, I recommend using a mix of milk and dark chocolate for the base. The best part?
All you need is a bowl and a wooden spoon or spatula to make it. It’s the ultimate no bake treat for those with a sweet tooth.
You need just six ingredients to make this easy rocky road recipe. Here’s a quick rundown of what you will need:
- Peanuts: I prefer to use roasted, salted peanuts.
- Mini marshmallows: You can use large marshmallows if you prefer, but for better distribution, mini ones work well.
- Store-bought biscuits or cookies: You can use any plain, sweet store-bought biscuits like Digestive biscuits, Graham Crackers or Rich Tea biscuits.
- Milk chocolate: Any plain block of milk chocolate will work – it doesn’t have to be cooking or baking chocolate.
- Dark chocolate: I recommend using dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate that’s between 50-70% cocoa.
- Rolo chocolate: The star of the show. If you don’t have access to Rolo chocolate, you could try another caramel chocolate or your favourite chocolate bar.
What is Rolo chocolate?
ROLO or Rolo chocolate is a popular confectionary bar featuring small circles of chocolate that have a sweet caramel filling inside. You can find them packaged in individual circles or as a large rectangular chocolate bar.
Made by Nestle, Rolo is especially popular in both Australia and the United Kingdom.
How to make Rolo Rocky road
It only takes a few minutes to make Rolo Rocky Road. You don’t need any special equipment. Here’s how to make it in four simple steps:
- In a large mixing bowl, add peanuts, marshmallows and crushed biscuits.
- In a separate bowl, add milk and dark chocolate pieces. Heat chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted and smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate over dry ingredients and mix well. Stir through half the Rolo chocolates.
- Transfer chocolate mixture to a square baking pan lined with greaseproof paper. Press remaining Rolos on top. Place in the fridge to set.
Rolo Rocky Road should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge. It will keep well for up to one week. Enjoy cold or bring it back to room temperature before serving.
Frequently asked questions
Yes. You can leave out the peanuts and simply throw in a few extra marshmallows or crushed biscuits.
Absolutely. This recipe is a great base to add in your favourite chocolate bar. Another caramel chocolate bar would work, or try Twix, Snickers or Cherry Ripe.
Yes. You can melt the chocolate using a double boiler on the stove. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and let it sit over a medium saucepan with a few inches of water in it. Ensure the bowl does not touch the water below. Melt chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly.
Easy Rolo Rocky Road with mini marshmallows, peanuts and biscuits.
- 65 grams (1/2 cup) roasted peanuts, salted
- 60 grams (1 cup) mini marshmallows
- 100 grams (1 cup) plain store-bought biscuits or cookies, roughly chopped
- 300 grams (2 cups) milk chocolate
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate (50-70% cocoa)
- 250 grams (1 and 2/3 cup) Rolo chocolate
- Grease and line an 8-inch square pan with baking paper or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add peanuts, marshmallows and biscuit pieces.
- In a separate heatproof bowl, add milk chocolate and dark chocolate. Heat in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted and smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate over dry ingredients and stir until everything is covered in chocolate. Add half the Rolo chocolates and stir.
- Transfer chocolate mixture to prepared pan and spread out into one layer. Press remaining Rolo pieces on top.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour or until the chocolate is set. Cut into small squares and serve. Store rocky road in the fridge in an airtight container.
Biscuits: You can use any store-bought plain sweet biscuit/cookie for this recipe, such as Digestive biscuits, Rich Tea biscuits or Graham Crackers.
Milk chocolate: Any plain block of milk chocolate will work – it doesn’t have to be cooking or baking chocolate.
Dark chocolate: I recommend a block of dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate that’s between 50-70% cocoa.
Rolo: If you don’t have access to Rolo chocolate, you could try another caramel chocolate or your favourite chocolate bar.
Nut-free: To make this nut free, leave out the peanuts and simply throw in a few extra marshmallows or crushed biscuits.
Storage: Rolo Rocky Road should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge. It will keep well for up to one week. Enjoy cold or bring it back to room temperature before serving.